D.I.Y. Livorno-Pisa-Lucca

Yertiz1883

Our thoughts are to travel from Cruise Terminal Livorno, and catch the (local bus) to Pisa. We have considered the train but prefer the apparent scenec route taken by the bus.

After few hours in Pisa (we cannot climb the tower steps due to a number of reasons) we intend travelling to Lucca possibly by bus, but will conside train.

After couple of hours viewing Lucca will travel back to cruise terminal.

I have located bus and train timetables on the Internet (although I need to check these again nearer the date) but can anyone assist please with the following:

Nearest bus stop from Liverno Cruise Centre to Pisa, with directions to the bus stop.?

Same question for bus from Pisa to Lucca.

Our return back to ship, from Lucca, we will likely prefer the quickest route, and I assume this would be train via Pisa? but does this involve a change of railway station in Pisa?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Edited by Yertiz1883

Trains run direct from Livorno Centrale to Pisa Centrale. To get to Lucca you change trains at Pisa Centrale for the 30 minute branchline trip to Lucca .

Train times at Trenitalia website .

So returning from Lucca 30 minutes on a local train to Pisa Centrale, change trains for Livorno Centrale.

Yertiz was quite clear that they prefer to travel by bus, as well as their desire to travel onwards to Lucca before returning to Livorno. A round trip bus to Pisa won't work as it doesn't allow time to go to Lucca, and the train is not what they asked about.

The tour bus might work but it eats into your time as it would require you to return from Lucca to Pisa to get the bus back to Livorno ... or you could pay for the round trip fare and only use it one way.

The most direct routing by bus would be using public buses.

In order to get the bus in Livorno you will have to pay for the cruise line shuttle to get out of the port. You cannot walk from the ship in Livorno.

The shuttle will drop you off near Piazza del Municipio in Livorno.

If you are looking at the CTT bus line 10, the stop is at the Livorno train station, which requires either a long walk from the shuttle drop off or another local bus: http://www.pisa.cttnord.it/Linee_e_Orari/Linee_Extraurbane/L/134

Or are you looking at a different bus?

Thank you all for your replies.

Euro-Cruiser I now understand I have to catch the port shuttle which drops off near Piazza del Municipio, from there a local bus to the railway station and then local bus to Pisa (line 10).

Can you assist further by clarifying which bus we catch to the railway station from the Piazza. Also where we purchase the tickets for that bus and the connecting bus to Pisa.

Whilst we do prefer doing our own thing when cruising, we do like to feel secure in the knowledge of where and how we are getting from A to B. Perhaps a few years such things would not have concerned us !!