Just have to love (NOT) price protection drops

bjinouno

Yes I did find a drop in 3 seperate rooms booked, I also made sure I did a mock booking for the 3 rooms, with past cruise number and than 2 rooms with out.... I made sure I took a screen shot too of the enitire Carnival page with complete prices including port and tax charges.

Called the TA they called Carnival and they see NO such prices.... But I have it right here in front of me, can I email it to you? NO because we don't see those prices, I see it with the numbers turned around,,, I said well if you would look at my screen shot you will see the price I am talking about... OH we must have had a glitch... I had 3,268 (4 people inside room) they have 3,628 (it did go down 250 from the orgional 3,878) But Why was I getting this price and they don't see it?

I will keep watching but I was so excited with the lower price and yes it was for a chosen cabin number

I had a similar experience on the 27th, but in the end, after many times being put on hold, the TA finally acquiesced and the fare was dropped - I didn't back down, then again, Carnival didn't say it was "a glitch" - what they said was "my fare already was lower than the currently posted fare" - um, except it wasn't.

I had a similar experience on the 27th, but in the end, after many times being put on hold, the TA finally acquiesced and the fare was dropped - I didn't back down, then again, Carnival didn't say it was "a glitch" - what they said was "my fare already was lower than the currently posted fare" - um, except it wasn't.

A couple of times last year, I got the rejection letter with the same quote as you have listed above.

When I called the phone # listed, I received the price drop. However, since you went through a TA, you can't call CCL directly. Will your TA persue it?

[/u][/b]

A couple of times last year, I got the rejection letter with the same quote as you have listed above.

When I called the phone # listed, I received the price drop. However, since you went through a TA, you can't call CCL directly. Will your TA persue it?

The OP is working through their TA to try to get the drop. Then problem is that the TA is seeing the higher rate on their side, which is different than what the OP is seeing when they do a mock booking.

[/u][/b]

My TA (and I) refused to give up. TA escalated it to a CCL supervisor, and I did indeed get the price drop.

I suggest the OP not give up. Especially since they have screen shots.

You need to persistent.

If your TA is seeing this lower price, they need to go to bat for you.

If the TA is NOT seeing the lower price, get on the phone and take them through the mock booking step-by-step until you both get to the screen with the lower pricing.

Once he/she sees this, have them do a print screen and fight for your drop. That's why you booked through an agent, so they can resolve issues like these for you.

You need to persistent.

If your TA is seeing this lower price, they need to go to bat for you.

If the TA is NOT seeing the lower price, get on the phone and take them through the mock booking step-by-step until you both get to the screen with the lower pricing.

Once he/she sees this, have them do a print screen and fight for your drop. That's why you booked through an agent, so they can resolve issues like these for you.

Did the mock booking with the TA and her's came out differently than mine, and yes I had the right date, year and ship SMH over this one....

this is exactly what were trying to do, OF course the TA is out today, spoke to another one in the group... than asked her for my TA email address and now to find out it's not correct... but left her a Very detailed voice mail to call me back ASAP....

Looks like it's time to find you a new TA.....

Price drops do happen 7 days a week, so you need someone that's available 7 days a week (or has a good replacement during weekends and holidays).

Looks like it's time to find you a new TA.....

Price drops do happen 7 days a week, so you need someone that's available 7 days a week (or has a good replacement during weekends and holidays).

Yes they sure do.... I didn't book them with this company .... my cousin did and also is doing a destinition wedding with Carnival Through this agency, Another TA did help (2 seperate calls) and neither working with Carnival could find the price or the page that I was on (Carnival's site) OR would let me email the screen shot to them.. And NO it's NOT a group booking.. That was done backwards too, But better deals I am hearing

One reason I quit using a TA and do all of my own bookings now. I had the same thing happen to me w pack n play rate that I matched to my ES. It was a $758 difference to my benefit. I filed the claim form, no go. Filed again, no go. Called and rep did not see it. She finally did mock booking w my VIFP # and it showed up. I had also let her know that I had a screen shot. I did end up w the difference and it is waiting for me in OBC for my cruise on Monday. Don't give up!!!

This exact scenario is exactly why I don't use a TA anymore.....a drop cuts into their commission and they don't want to do it. You have more control if you book thru the cruise lines themselves.

I would generally agree, but we just booked our first ES rate through Carnival and I don't like the restrictions on it. Sure I can get price drops up to two days before sailing, but if I need to cancel I am out $50pp and have a cruise credit for the difference in the deposit. I don't like that. If I can book the cruise for the same price through a TA vs the ES directly through Carnival, I will likely go through the TA. That way if I need to change ships, dates or cancel I can do so without ponying up the $50pp penalty. Just need to determine what is more important to me. The agent we are working with is generally pretty good with price drops and they have good hours.

I would generally agree, but we just booked our first ES rate through Carnival and I don't like the restrictions on it. Sure I can get price drops up to two days before sailing, but if I need to cancel I am out $50pp and have a cruise credit for the difference in the deposit. I don't like that. If I can book the cruise for the same price through a TA vs the ES directly through Carnival, I will likely go through the TA. That way if I need to change ships, dates or cancel I can do so without ponying up the $50pp penalty. Just need to determine what is more important to me. The agent we are working with is generally pretty good with price drops and they have good hours.

If you don't like the restrictions on ES, you can still book a refundable rate & get price drops up till final payment date. You do not have to book ES when you book directly through Carnival.

Edited by Sparky2

Yes I did find a drop in 3 seperate rooms booked, I also made sure I did a mock booking for the 3 rooms, with past cruise number and than 2 rooms with out.... I made sure I took a screen shot too of the enitire Carnival page with complete prices including port and tax charges.

Called the TA they called Carnival and they see NO such prices.... But I have it right here in front of me, can I email it to you? NO because we don't see those prices, I see it with the numbers turned around,,, I said well if you would look at my screen shot you will see the price I am talking about... OH we must have had a glitch... I had 3,268 (4 people inside room) they have 3,628 (it did go down 250 from the orgional 3,878) But Why was I getting this price and they don't see it?

I will keep watching but I was so excited with the lower price and yes it was for a chosen cabin number

And this is why I NEVER book ES through a TA. I have done it twice and never again!!! They could never "see" the price drop. How convenient.

Remember, you are taking away from their commission by submitting price drops.

The problem is you won't be able to book the same cruise for the same price with a TA for a non ES rate.

Whatever rates you see on the CCL website is what the TA should be charging unless they have a group to book you in.

Bill

And this is why I NEVER book ES through a TA. I have done it twice and never again!!! They could never "see" the price drop. How convenient.

Remember, you are taking away from their commission by submitting price drops.

Everyone has a different experience. We've used a TA three times now. The experience has been pleasant. Gotten all the price drops I was eligible for and without having to go through the hassle I hear about of filling out the form first. The TA we use is open 24/7, and whenever I find a price drop, I call right then and it gets taken care of.

Not sure if the OP has some sort of special VIFP rate. I have one listed under my number. Nobody else in my party has it, but it has worked out great with my and my husband's cabin. Thing is, I have to make sure I tell them to look for the rate with my VIFP number plugged in. Otherwise, it won't show. Since I saw it pop up under my VIFP offers, I've caught 3 price drops. The rate is always winds up being about $30 less per person than the early saver rate. I started a thread about it before. But for sure if the Carnival rep does not have my VIFP number plugged in, they won't see the rate. Now there are notes on my reservation about the offer, which expires in a few weeks.

I'm going to ask a dumb question. While I certainly see the value in an experienced TA for planning a complicated European vacation I can't for booking a fairly routine Carnival cruise. Guess that's just me?

I'm going to ask a dumb question. While I certainly see the value in an experienced TA for planning a complicated European vacation I can't for booking a fairly routine Carnival cruise. Guess that's just me?

I didn't see a question. But FYI, we only book with a TA if they are offering a decent promotion at the time we are ready to book. For us, we book way in advance once we've decided. Whoever between Carnival and our go to TA has the best promos offered at that time is who we book with. TAs have never gotten in the way of me doing anything I need to do with my reservation, so I don't have a problem using one. I also have a cruise booked through a PVP. I'm not exclusive to any method.

I didn't see a question. But FYI, we only book with a TA if they are offering a decent promotion at the time we are ready to book. For us, we book way in advance once we've decided. Whoever between Carnival and our go to TA has the best promos offered at that time is who we book with. TAs have never gotten in the way of me doing anything I need to do with my reservation, so I don't have a problem using one. I also have a cruise booked through a PVP. I'm not exclusive to any method.

I agree. In fact we booked our latest booking directly through Carnival using ES. I THOUGHT it was the best price. I am still learning the quirks of our TAs website. I later discovered that their deal was actually better than the current Carnival pricing. When booking on the TA website, by saying I was a past guest and entering our past guest numbers I was pulling Carnival direct pricing instead of group/membership rates available to us by our TA. If I leave out that I was a past guest, I got different and lower rates.

I detailed the experience in this thread trying to get the booking transferred to the TA from Carnival to take advantage of the better rates. Good to learn the quirks of any website you try to book through, they aren't all built the same way.