FOOD BROUGHT ONTO THE ISLAND?

MyCousinRachel

Does anyone know if Bermuda restricts food coming onto the island from the ship? We would like to order room service, pack a small cooler and spend the days at the beach. Will we be able to do this, or do they check your bags for open food items when you depart the ship?

Thanks, Laurie [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

• 1 year later...
I was there two weeks ago and don't recall anyone checking bags as we left the ship - just when we returned, where they went through a scanner in the terminal and again on the ship. Maybe if they see you leaving the ship with a cooler, they'll check??

We usually did our sightseeing in the morning, came back for lunch and then headed to the beach in the afternoon. Since we were docked in St. George and Hamilton, it was very convenient to get back to the ship at lunchtime. I did take a bun or croissant for a mid-morning snack; no one asked to look in my backpack as we left the ship or entered the terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
What an interesting thought. We leave Sunday and were planning on doing the same. Bringing lunch from the ship for a picnic on land. I'm thinking since we already paid for all the food on the ship, we don't like paying for food on land also. I never even thought that this could be a problem. More info would be greatly appreciated.

While on our Wind cruise in Hawaii we would take packaged items such as the little boxes of cereal from breakfast. I don't think they would confiscate anything like this. I'm hoping to take some pastries in ziplocs this time - I guess we will see.

I am also VERY interested to hear about room service, what is available. and if anyone has packed lunches. I have done this on another cruise line and it worked out very well for us. Please tell us all you can about it.

Here is another thread that might be of interest to you from the Celebrity board.
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=169620&highlight=food[/url]

Archived