OMG - my friend doesn't have plans

Tee & Chilli

Hi, would you please elaborate on the Blue Bus to Mendenhall? Is the Blue Bus a local bus? Where would one get it? How close did you get? Thanks in advance

Look down the page in this link for BLUE GLACIER EXPRESS; it's the blue bus that goes from the pier to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center. Be mindful of the last departure time which is 6/7pm.

There's also a white bus that provides the same service. Don't recall the name of the company.

I think the visitor center charges $5, but if you aren't interested in the displays (or don't need a place to stay dry), there is no charge to access the trails.

Well we are traveling in July with a group of 10. I have with their permission booked all of the excursions for the trip. I am hoping that all goes well with what I have chosen for us to do and that everyone is happy in the end with the trip. I picked out what I booked from doing a lot of research and reading reviews. You have done your best to make recommendations and encouraged your friend to book excursions. At this point of time, you need to just go and enjoy your trip and the excursions that you will be on. At each port there are always vendors or companies waiting to get people to choose them for different activities. Your friends can always do there own plan that way or just explore the town. There are plenty of free or inexpensive things to do at each port. Your friends have time to google these type of ideas at each location. That is something you can suggest. Enjoy your trip!!!

I am a crazy planner. I always have a "next trip" on the back burner. I am fortunate that my husband and his sister and her husband who travel with us do not care to plan at all. They leave everything up to me. My sister-in-law gave me all of her credit card info and I book everything. If something is particularly expensive (heli/dogsled) I run it by her before I book it. My husband had one request for the trip and that was to fish so I got a nice fishing trip set up for him. I know many people don't plan but I would never be able to do that. For me, a lot of the fun of a trip comes from planning.