Day of past guest party(s)

bandnurse

Hi,

Anyone recently off of Breeze 8 day Southern and can tell me what days the past guest party(s) will be? Planning a group activity and don't want to have it at the same time the party is being held as many of the group are gold and up.

Thanks

Our last few cruises have not had one, just a free drink coupon.

Cruises less than 5 days will not have a party. On other cruises 5 days and up, there is the party for Gold VIFP's and up.

OP-

The day can vary, but it seems that on a Sunday-Sunday cruise, the party is usually around Thursday. An invitation will be left in your room the night before. I know this isn't much help for planning purposes, but best I can tell you.

Hopefully someone who was on a recent 8 day southern Breeze cruise will chime in and tell you when their VIFP party was.

Edited by funinthesun1964

Hi,

Anyone recently off of Breeze 8 day Southern and can tell me what days the past guest party(s) will be? Planning a group activity and don't want to have it at the same time the party is being held as many of the group are gold and up.

Thanks

The days change often for these parties. The current CD (Matt Mitchum) is going to be on vacation during that time and Dr E will be filling in for him. Each CD has their own way of doing things so there's no guarantee that the party will stay the same. Your best bet to avoid any over lap would be to plan the group activity early in the day or early on in the cruise as the parties are usually held towards the end of the cruise.

Cruises less than 5 days will not have a party. On other cruises 5 days and up, there is the party for Gold VIFP's and up.

OP-

The day can vary, but it seems that on a Sunday-Sunday cruise, the party is usually around Thursday. An invitation will be left in your room the night before. I know this isn't much help for planning purposes, but best I can tell you.

Hopefully someone who was on a recent 8 day southern Breeze cruise will chime in and tell you when their VIFP party was.

Hmm our last cruise was 4 days but, 2 years ago was 7. No party. Was eastern on the Conquest.

Question. We're currently at 23 points, will we still be red or go gold for this cruise.

You will be gold. If you change levels mid-cruise, you start out the cruise at the higher level. Happened to me, and I did not even know it before arriving at the port. Nice surprise to have them hand me a gold card at check-in!

OP-

Know what, maybe they did. I might be confusing it with the farewell party. We enjoyed those just as much, if not more. My wife always got up and danced. She had a ball dancing with Wee Jimmy.

We just got off the Magic on Sunday. The Past Guest Party was held during the afternoon on Day 6, which was a sea day. We each received an invitation a couple of days before. There were free drinks (Funship Special, Red Frog beer, and some other fruity type drinks) hors d'oeuvres, introduction of the Captain and senior staff, and recognition of Diamond members onboard. One fun thing they did was a slide show of all of the past and present Carnival ships. Everyone cheered when a ship they had sailed on came on the screen.

Since Carnival no longer gives away "free" drinks...what is the "past" guest party and what do they serve and what do they do that would make it worth my time to attend?

Carnival does still give free drink coupons but only to platinum and diamond guests. The former past guest party has been revamped as well. (At least a year ago... Maybe 2...) the party now is for gold, platinum and diamond guests. They serve snack items and full sized drinks- but only a few options. Our last party had two mixed drinks, a rum punch and a "yellow" one that I don't remember the name. One beer and a red and white wine. They play music and show a movie about carnival history. Most people show up for the free booze.

There is also a Virgin drink for the kids and non drinkers.

Know what, maybe they did. I might be confusing it with the farewell party. We enjoyed those just as much, if not more. My wife always got up and danced. She had a ball dancing with Wee Jimmy.

You 2 were probably the only 2 at that party since nobody ever attended, according to Carnival ;)

Bill

One fun thing they did was a slide show of all of the past and present Carnival ships. Everyone cheered when a ship they had sailed on came on the screen.

I've seen that video a time or two ;)

Did they still have afternoon tea? We always enjoy that.