Voyager of the Seas - Sydney docking question

I'm looking to book a cruise out of Sydney on Voyager but I wanted to understand which way the ship is faced when docked at Circular Quay as of course I want a balcony room facing the Opera House. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We embarked on Radiance in Sydney just over a month ago and that ship was bow facing in toward Circular Quay at the Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal so one should be on the port side to see the Opera House with the ship docked that way.

Two years ago we sailed out from here on Voyager and that ship was bow out but that was prior the extension of the wharf done here last year that was mentioned in the above post.

attachment.php?attachmentid=345471&d=1428297140

CIMG1667a.jpg.30bdad48e5237319071681a0100bf144.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Just returned from the March 16 sailing of the Voyager. I can confirm that port side of the ship faced the opera house while docked at the terminal. However, on leaving Sydney harbour, it was the starboard side that had the view as we cruised past the opera house.

Thanks everyone. Port side is what I thought but when I googled Voyager in circular quay the ship had it's bow facing towards the harbour but that must have been before the dock was extended. Fingers crossed as I booked Port side!

I hope that works out for you.

I don't know why having the wharf extended would require docking in a certain direction as both time we embarked on ships here, once prior with bow out and after expansion with bow inwards the gangplank was located in the typical position of the middle of the Promenade Deck.

Usually it's the captain's preference as to what direction the bow is pointed when docked. IMO it is easier in Sydney to sail in and dock bow in and make the turn to sail out towards the east while backing out.