On the Jewel now - internet users new info

DMH15

Since the unlimited package is limited to one device at a time can you connect with an iPhone then use that as a hot spot to connect the rest of devices?

Haven't tried but honestly it;s so easy to just log out of one and onto the other...like I've been doing so far this cruise.

Okay, not to out myself as a tech idiot, but I will. Is this fast, slow or somewhere in between? We are going Pearl over Ruby Princess for a number of reasons, but not the least of them is that the last time I was on the Ruby, Internet was impossible to use - no matter where I was on the ship, it was excruciatingly slow. That didn't end too badly, as that cruise was only an extended weekend. But I am very afraid to be out of touch for an entire work week.

So will I be able to get my work done? I do a significant amount of downloading/uploading, but it is mostly documents, so not data-intensive files typically.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

PS - and yes, I do plan to spend significant amounts of time looking out at the sights, and not just holed up working. That is another reason why speed is important to me; being able to get my work done and sent quickly, and not sitting around waiting for pages to load while I - quite loudly - repeatedly curse at my laptop (as I did during the Ruby cruise).

...Thanks again.

I'm on the Jewel right now, purchased the unlimited package on the 2nd afternoon for $149.94 the only day to get that reduced price.

The speed is faster than what I've experienced before aboard ship.

I think you'll be fine if you're not loading graphics. And even those aren't too slow.