Carnival Gift Card Bad Code

cmukid87

Has anyone used a legitimately purchased gift card/code and it has been recognized as used or invalid?

I have over $400 in cards that are showing no balance but I know they have not been used. Something is up because I have $300 in cards/codes that are showing full balance, bought from the same vendor for all of them.

Any ideas?

What "vendor" did you buy them from?

I have purchased a ton of gift cards. If you got them from Verizon, I found the balance they show in their check balance tool sent with the email isn't always accurate. Check using the tool on carnivalgiftcards dot com. That one has always been right for me.

I did check using the carnival gift card balance. I even completed a mock booking and tried using the code as part of my payment and it was kicked back.

The vendor was a popular online auction site that rhymes with rebay. It was from the auction sites sponsored/promoted seller though.

Hope you didn't get taken.

I'm hoping not. I've used the same seller on a cruise I took in January with no problems at all. If anything I believe I have recourse to get a refund through the auction sites buyer protection program.

My biggest worry is getting on the ship and trying to use this as OBC but it shows a balance of $0.

I'm hoping not. I've used the same seller on a cruise I took in January with no problems at all. If anything I believe I have recourse to get a refund through the auction sites buyer protection program.

My biggest worry is getting on the ship and trying to use this as OBC but it shows a balance of $0.

I would just ask for a refund right now. If you plan to use the cards for the cruise in your signature, you've got about a month to get your money back. Clearly the gift cards aren't working. Good luck.

What "vendor" did you buy them from?

I have purchased a ton of gift cards. If you got them from Verizon, I found the balance they show in their check balance tool sent with the email isn't always accurate. Check using the tool on carnivalgiftcards dot com. That one has always been right for me.

I bought several last year when they had the Father's Day offer with bonus e-cards. I bought $1400 worth. I did use all of the bonus cards first because they had an expiration date.

This post made me check the balance on the 3 $200 e-giftcards we have left. All good!

We had a bunch of gift cards from Lowe's and when Guest Services tried to load the cards while on the ship the balance showed $0 on all 4 cards. The woman at GS called Carnival Accounting who said it was a communication glitch with the Internet at sea and that the money was loaded but was lost "pinging" to get internet connection. Once the ship connected back to the Internet the money did appear on our sign sail cards. It almost gave a heart attack when she said the cards had a $0 balance - especially after I checked the activation slips and online prior to the cruise.