I'm looking for a nice hotel in Miami/FLL area for September

Christine in MO

DH & I will be arriving at the FLL Airport on September 11 at 5:15pm and will have a rental car. We depart on the Breeze out of Miami the following day. I am looking for a hotel in Miami or FLL close to the beach (within walking distance), with free parking and a nice free breakfast. In a safe area of course, does any hotel like this exist? Looking to be in the $150 price range TIA

The only places you will have parking included with the room rate and a breakfast are those hotel chains nearer the airports. Near the beach hotels in Ft. Lauderdale will offer parking for around $25.

September 2013, we stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Courtyard by Marriott on the beach (think the address is Seabreeze Ave). No free parking, but we parked in the private lot next door for I think 15 per day? It was cheaper than what the hotel was charging, I do remember that. Beach was right across the street. Some rooms face the ocean, some face the marina (cheaper than o/f). We had a marina facing room, and it was still nice.

If you sign up for Marriott Rewards, you can sometimes get pretty good deals. I don't have the email anymore, but I think we paid less than $130 including taxes w/ a special they emailed me.