DIY Cannes to Monte Carlo or Cannes to St Tropez?

astijul

Our port is Cannes in September, but the trips on the ship are quite expensive. Is it easy and cheap to find our own way to Monte Carlo or St. Tropez?

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated thanks [emoji2].

Our port is Cannes in September, but the trips on the ship are quite expensive. Is it easy and cheap to find our own way to Monte Carlo or St. Tropez?

This question was just posted a week ago more or less...just read down acouple of pages for info ew Cannes etc.

This question was just posted a week ago more or less...just read down acouple of pages for info ew Cannes etc.

OP only has 6 posts on CC..I'm pretty familiar with CC and have no friggin clue as to what thread you want to point them to...could you provide the link??

OP only has 6 posts on CC..I'm pretty familiar with CC and have no friggin clue as to what thread you want to point them to...could you provide the link??

I was not referring to the OP...just 2 other posts re Cannes on the first page and some on the second...if I could cut and paste I sure would or if I could hi-lite and do it that way I would but I can't. I am sorry to upset you...I did the best I could.

Here is a link to a post where Hank answered the question of how to get to Monte Carlo from Cannes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42479908&postcount=2

Hopefully, he will find this and give some ideas regarding St. Tropez.

Both are a little far from Cannes....I would personally stick with Nice or Antibes - but that's just me.

Edited by buggins0402

I would go to Monte Carlo/Monaco before going to St.Tropez as there is a lot to see for a loook see there.Under the post "St.Tropez" on April 1 2015 Cornishpastyman has a post and pics of St.T that may be of help. As was mentioned being called out I can not cut and paste the post from this computer so for that I apologize.

Thank you both very much for the information, particularly the link, it was extremely helpful [emoji2]. I am new to CC and couldn't find anything related to this when I first looked. I've always wanted to see Monte Carlo and just wondered if it was feasible. According to the link, it sounds quite achievable by train from Cannes. Thank you again [emoji3].

Thank you both very much for the information, particularly the link, it was extremely helpful [emoji2]. I am new to CC and couldn't find anything related to this when I first looked. I've always wanted to see Monte Carlo and just wondered if it was feasible. According to the link, it sounds quite achievable by train from Cannes. Thank you again [emoji3].

Good choice..there is the Petit Train that goes around.You can see the Changing of the Guard at the Palace etc. on the Monaco side and then the Monte Carlo side is more modern. Google this and you get a lot of info.The J.Cousteau museum is really good as well.Have fun.

That's fantastic, you have both been very helpful thank you [emoji2].

I forgot one other great resource ....google Toms Port Guides and bring up the PDF's of guides for the French Riviera. He has compiled everything you will need.

I am also traveling on the Epic in June and was about to post the same question about transportation between Cannes and MC. I am leaning towards the train instead of booking an excursion. It seems to be very doable and I like to do things on my own :-) Thanks for all the info.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bantry, we have decided to do the train trip to Monaco/Monte Carlo on our own also. And if time permits, will stop in Antibes on the way back.

Would love to hear how this went for you when you return, something I'm considering for my trip in November.