Tahiti Roundtrip or Tahiti-Hawaii?

CSloan

We're currently booked on a Tahiti roundtrip November 2006, but we're thinking about changing it to Tahiti-Hawaii. Any comments about the Tahiti-Hawaii vs. Tahiti roundtrip?

Our original plan was to do two nights prior at Moorea Sheraton in an OWB. If we do Tahiti-Hawaii, we may have to do an OWB on Papeete pre-cruise instead. (More $$ for cruise, less $$ for precruise).

I'm posting this on both the Pacific Islands and Princess Boards.

DH wanted to do Hawaii, I wanted to do Tahiti, so we compromised and are doing a little of both. There's more sea days on ours than on the 10-day Tahiti, and we get less time in port than the 10-day. I think it depends what you want to see. We just wanted a taste of both places (I've never been to either) so the 12-day made sense to us.

I agree with calikak about wanting to visit both places. First my wife and I couldn't decide on Marq or Cook Islands, then was it the PG or the TP. Then we got back from the Baltic on the Star and decided no more port intensive cruises. Just too much like work. I think this trip has four at-sea days and that sounds good and we have always wanted to visit more of the Hawaiian Islands. While on the Star we booked the 8/25/06 cruise. The Tahitian Princess did this cruise on April 12th this year and no member reviews, but I'm sure it will be a good trip. Happy Sailing.

We couldn't decide either for our honeymoon cruise, but ended up choosing just the round trip Tahiti cruise. We think we want to do a land tour of Hawaii, and we loved the itinerary of the 10 day Tahitian-Cook Islands cruise. So, we've opted for the shorter cruise, with 4 days pre-cruise on Tahiti and Moorea. Gives us time to unwind from the jet lag!

Archived