SeaDream Yacht Club

cruiseboys

Hello guys,

I just say you will love it! I sailed on No. 1 & 2, which are both similar. The food is amazing as well the wines you will get offered, I had lck and we have been a good crowd on the ship and had all fun together, but I can see, if there are some snobs on like we had as well on one cruise, it can get very boring, becuase there is as good as non entertainment. The Suites are small but very nicely appointed and you will miss nothing.

I is my dream cruise...the best you can do...just so sad, that my partner doesn't like small ships. We found a compromise thouh...Garden Villa on NCL ships...it is basically a Seadream Yacht ship build on top of a mega cruise liner.

Thanks, everyone, for the info. koalabear...will look forward to your report when you return. We have been on WindStar and really enjoyed it but wanted to try SD and compare. Will be anxious to hear your thoughts. Thanks, also, sneak for the info. We are really looking forward to the all-inclusive aspect of the cruise and not worried about the size of the ship. Anyone else with insight is welcome to reply!

This is our favorite cruise line for sailing the Caribbean. It has all the luxury we love when we cruise, with the casual dress that seems more appropriate and comfortable in the Caribbean. We were on it when it was Sea Goddess, and also Sea Dream Yacht Club. It has only improved over the years.

Although the suites are a bit small, compared to Seabourn or Silverseas, we find them to be comfortable and well appointed. Bring you favorite CD's. The showers are awesome too.

The service and food are really top of the line, and you'll love working out, even if you don't at home, as the view out of the gym is wonderful.

Our favorite place on the ship is the Balinese beds, especially if we're cruising slowly around the islands. We also love the Top of the Yacht Bar.

As far as other FOD, there might be and there might not be, but you will still have a great time regardless. Also don't expect to be entertained, although we did enjoy an evening or two of singing around the piano bar. This is the perfect ship for relaxing, taking in the sea air, reading and just vegging.

What is your Itinerary? We look forward to hearing of your experience.

Sea-hawk

This is our favorite cruise line for sailing the Caribbean. It has all the luxury we love when we cruise, with the casual dress that seems more appropriate and comfortable in the Caribbean. We were on it when it was Sea Goddess, and also Sea Dream Yacht Club. It has only improved over the years.

Although the suites are a bit small, compared to Seabourn or Silverseas, we find them to be comfortable and well appointed. Bring you favorite CD's. The showers are awesome too.

The service and food are really top of the line, and you'll love working out, even if you don't at home, as the view out of the gym is wonderful.

Our favorite place on the ship is the Balinese beds, especially if we're cruising slowly around the islands. We also love the Top of the Yacht Bar.

As far as other FOD, there might be and there might not be, but you will still have a great time regardless. Also don't expect to be entertained, although we did enjoy an evening or two of singing around the piano bar. This is the perfect ship for relaxing, taking in the sea air, reading and just vegging.

What is your Itinerary? We look forward to hearing of your experience.

Sea-hawk

Sounds like a dream .... SeaDream! ;)

Seriously, I've sailed on Silversea and loved it .... but I have a feeling I would like SeaDream even better. Something about the informality and even smaller size is appealing. The only thing I think I would truly miss is Silversea's exquisite suite service.

Ernie

Earnie, we found the service on Sea Dreams to be on par with Silverseas and just less than Seabourn. (Seabourn is the standard for us) I would not hesitate to say that the Sea Dreams staff seems warmer, more accomidating and more attentive than what we found on Silverseas. Our only complaint was that some of the "house" wines were not up to the quality of the food that was being served.

You are right though about the informality and size of the ship, it is perfect for some of the smaller ports that the larger ships can't get into.

Sea-hawk

Earnie, we found the service on Sea Dreams to be on par with Silverseas and just less than Seabourn. (Seabourn is the standard for us) I would not hesitate to say that the Sea Dreams staff seems warmer, more accomidating and more attentive than what we found on Silverseas.

This is good to hear. The service and food we experienced on SILVER CLOUD were top notch. Of course the cabins on Silversea are larger and they have balconies, but I can live without that on SeaDream. It's a trade off for the smaller and more informal ship.

Does SeaDream have the 24 hour extensive room service that Silversea has? On Silversea you could order a hot fudge sundae or a filet mignon at 3am if you so desired. We really enjoyed a couple dinners in our suite which were served course by course by an assigned waiter. It was wonderful. I wasn't sure if SeaDream offered this option?

Ernie

I am currently looking into booking the Dec 3,2006 cruise out of St Thomas. I prefer small ships and casual dressing fits my tastes. Traveling as a single might prove to be trying on such a small vessel......but why not.

I will be on the Atlantis cruise to Mexico next month and then on their Rio cruise in February. I hope I might be able to find someone to go with me, not necessarily to share a cabin (which is possible) but a fun companion to do activities with...water skiing, touring and shooting the breeze over cocktails...yes, Ill have another mohito paleeeze.

So write...this avid cruiser want to know. If not I will book Radisson again.

if the boys in Connecticutt are reading this...we will talk this one over while we cruise in December on the Radisson Voyager......I'll get the brochures...

Tom,

Great minds think alike. We have been talking about Seadream in the Caribbean, or maybe the Greek Islands. We can peruse the brochures over cocktails by the Voyager's pool. I am also looking forward to peoples' reports on Seadream. Just how casual are they? Is it shorts and tee shirts all the time, or do you still need skirts and sweaters?

• 4 years later...

Trying out SeaDream II on 11/27 ex St. Martin. Then have SeaDream I booked for May 2010. Agree with previous post, Seabourn is going to be hard to beat. My partner and I love it. Ended up on the SD for Italy/Greece because the ports look better than Seabourn to us. Figure if experience is not up to Seabourn, we can still cancel for minimum fee. Seabourn size was great - will be interesting to see how the 100 passenger SeaDream experience is. We are looking forward to it and have already met a few folks here that are on the same trip.

Archived