C-Pap machine

Contact the Access Desk per TRIPOLEMUS...

Send an email request to accessdesk@ncl.com - include your reservation, ship name, embarkation date and port. They will get back to you in a couple days. We had distilled water in our stateroom upon arrival in November 2014 and it was free.

Chris

Edited by calex

Send an email request to accessdesk@ncl.com - include your reservation, ship name, embarkation date and port. They will get back to you in a couple days. We had distilled water in our stateroom upon arrival in November 2014 and it was free.

Chris

This has been my experience as well. No need to bring your own or pay for it.

Rochelle

This is great information. My husband just started using a cpap in January and he isn't used to traveling with it yet. I'm glad to hear they will help us out when we cruise in May!

Tap water on the ships (at least the Jewel) is distilled water; the ship's watermakers use a distillation process.

I know you asked about water but make sure you bring an extension cord too.

The extension cord needs to be 10-12 feet long since the outlet is usually on the other side of the cabin. In addition, we found it helpful to have a 3-way outlet like this to plug all the stuff in like your tablet computer, cell phone, camera, etc.

3e040091-1b78-42c0-a837-261ace682bc8_400.jpg

Tap water on the ships (at least the Jewel) is distilled water; the ship's watermakers use a distillation process.

For most of my cruises, I used the tap water which the ship produces. They do add chlorine to the water which evaporates quickly when exposed to air. I fill the humidifier with water and leave the top off for about 30 minutes to allow the chlorine to fully dissipate. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Prior to my last cruise, I learned about using the Access Desk services which I will be using on our next adventure.

In addition, we found it helpful to have a 3-way outlet like this to plug all the stuff in like your tablet computer, cell phone, camera, etc.

We really like this one from Belkin. It swivels, has surge protection, plus has dual USB charging ports. Just be aware that there are two identical models that have different USB output power, a 1-amp and a 2-amp, so make sure to get the 2-amp one if you have an iPad or some other device that requires more than 1-amp to charge.

372.jpg

We really like this one from Belkin. It swivels, has surge protection, plus has dual USB charging ports. Just be aware that there are two identical models that have different USB output power, a 1-amp and a 2-amp, so make sure to get the 2-amp one if you have an iPad or some other device that requires more than 1-amp to charge.

The U.S. Coast Guard has issued a Safety Directive that surge protectors should not be used onboard ships due to the increased fire risk from the ship generated power system - http://www.uscg.mil/TVNCOE/Documents/safetyalerts/SurgeProtectiveDevices.pdf

chengkp75 has posted some good information on this subject in the past. Here are a couple of his posts on this subject:

There have been posts noting that surge protector devices (SPD) have been confiscated when boarding the ship due to the fire risk.

Don't fall into the trap that you NEED to only use distilled water. Yes if you feed your humidifier a steady diet of hard water you will after a few weeks (Months??) get some build-up in the tank - but your insurance likely buys you a new one every 6 months anyway... 7 days is not going to make a difference. That said, as the above poster said, the water on ships is nearly the same 'emptiness' as distilled water . In fact I use RO water myself and save a fortune - (I am going two years on one tank - and selling the balance on eBay) (I'm a cheapskate I know):D

I agree....we had to get 2 extra cords in a too small hc ov as we had a scooter...we paid a deposit for the cords which had to be run across the floor.....then saw a long thread on cc and learned there is a european outlet behind the bed...bought a belkin with adapters and one of them worked...much safer...just ask the steward for help if you need it to move the bed...also took a old cell phone set on a white noise app that worked great...learn a little more each time...

Chris

Chris, thanks so much for mentioning this and providing the link. Very helpful. I'm going to email them now.

No problems, just call 2 weeks prior to cruise and distilled water will be in cabin, they also tell you to bring extra extension cord, just took care of this yesterday for April 15th cruise, no charge

Thanks so much for mentioning this!

I second that!

Didn't even think about the machine, water or power .. my husband would have been very unhappy - and kept me up all week! (and the neighbors too!)

Edited by Kreativ' Gal

Chris

This is what our travel agent does for us since my husband uses a CPAP.

Distilled water is free if special needs orders it for you for a CPAP.

On one cruise it was by our door. On another cruise I had to go to the front desk and she found it in the back with our cabin number on it.

Just home & I took a big jug of distilled water on with me. No problem. Why not just take your own on, easier & cheap to buy.

For those of us who fly to port, it is not quite that simple.

On my last cruise I emailed special needs and had distilled water and a approved extension cord waiting for me in my room.

In our email from the access desk saying the water should either be in our cabin or ask for access person through front desk, they also say to bring a 6' extension cord since the ship doesn't have enough for everyone.

I guess more and more people are bringing CPAPs.

My husband leaves one in the CPAP case all the time so he'll have it when needed.