We made our 10:40AM out of Ft. Lauderdale . . .

debshomespun

Just wanted to let everyone know we got off the Empress of the Seas today in Ft. Lauderdale, and made our 10:40 flight with no problems. We are platinum members, and were able to be in the private departure lounge, and we also carried off all our luggage.

We were fortunate that everything went "just right" in order for us to make the flight on time. We were off the ship by 8:30, and at the airport by 8:45.

However, when we pulled into Port Everglades, we were supposed to be the only ship in port, and the Carnival Fantasy, and a Disney ship were also in port, being re-routed from Port Canaveral due to the tropical depression. So, there were many passengers from these 2 ships that are having to change their flight schedules.

We arrived back to Ft. Lauderdale on a thursday (9-8-05), and we were supposed to be the only ship in port. Due to a hurricane near port canaveral, we also had the Carnival Fantasy and a Disney ship in port. Most of those passengers would have been being bussed back to port canaveral.

Would I do it again? Probably not. The price was right, only $49. pp for the one way air, and we were on a small ship, and carried all our luggage off. We were very fortunate that everything went just right for us. Did I loose sleep over it? Yes, right after I made the reservations, I had several worrysome nights, but while on the cruise I did not once think about missing our flight. I also did have information with me about alternate plans just in case. I also bought insurance, but if we just missed the flight, it would not have helped us.

Would I do it again? Probably not. The price was right, only $49. pp for the one way air, and we were on a small ship, and carried all our luggage off. We were very fortunate that everything went just right for us. Did I loose sleep over it? Yes, right after I made the reservations, I had several worrysome nights, but while on the cruise I did not once think about missing our flight. I also did have information with me about alternate plans just in case. I also bought insurance, but if we just missed the flight, it would not have helped us.

Glad that the worry didn't put a damper on your vacation.

Archived