Getaway or Escape?

Topo Gigio

We are booked on both in the next year! We loved the Getaway last year and we are totally excited with what we are hearing about the Escape. And we are looking forward to Tortola. The British Virgin Islands are so beautiful. Can't wait to visit there again.

• 1 month later...
Planning in going on 1 of these 2. Which one would you choose? both itineraries are meh! so, it's just for the ship and especially trying NCL again after a 5 year hiatus.

Definitely the Escape!! Getaway is too narrow, IMO. Escape looks to be wider, and probably will have better traffic flow and layout.

You can't really go wrong with either choice but I vote for Escape. We were on the Getaway in January and it was our best cruise ever. Think Escape will be even better and Getaway's hotel director Sean W will be on the Escape along with a lot of Norwegian's top crew members.

You can't really go wrong with either choice but I vote for Escape.

I was making the same decision last month when booking under the previous promotion.

Escape did an Eastern trip with 2 so-so ports (and Tortola which we have never been to) and 3 sea days. (wish they went to San Juan)

Getaway did a Western with 4 so-so ports we have been to before and 2 sea days.

We simply have been on more Western cruises and so have been to those so-so ports more and the Escape looks like it will be a better ship (who knows), bigger ropes course, bigger water park, some new eats, and a bigger Splash Academy for our kids and was, only at the time, $200 more for the same cabin. Just figured the newer ship for $200 more seemed like the way to go.

The new promotions aren't as good and the price of our cabin has skyrocketed and now the KSF promotion has been changed to 1/2 price.

My vote is Escape.

Both! I'm doing both ships and iternaries next year as a B2B - once on the Escape and twice on the Getaway (fare for 2 weeks was cheaper than one week on the Escape for solo traveler like me[emoji4]) Literally, 3 weeks (21 days) cruising - I'm going to need industrial strength sunscreen for all those awesome port stops! [emoji15]