wave pool on Pacific sun???

kaseyoz

i was reading the cruisenews on here a couple of days ago that told of the new cruise liner that actually has a surfing wave pool on it. wow i cant wait to go on one of those superliners...

It got me thinking about when we watched "The Great Outdoors" travel show a couple of months ago about the pacific sun. My daughter watched it and said oh great they have a wave pool too!!(similar to "wet and wild" in qld.)

Yes, the pool sure looked choppy and wavy, my question is, is the pool always like this and can you get seasick in the pool?

karon

Hi karon,

the poo is not a wave pool but when the seas are a little rough you can sit there and watch the water splash around and it does look like a wave pool..but th the seas are really rough they close the pool they put a net over it so that no one can get in it or fall in it

i didnt go swimming so i dont know whether you can get sea sick in there very interesting question...if you daughter is going to swim please keep an eye on her cause when its a little rough it still gets choppy and i personally think you would have to be a good swimmer to swim in it..

they empty the pool every night, clean it then fill it again with sea water..

hope that helps didnt mean to babble on

Kylie

I was talking to somebody that used to work on ships as a chef in some of the roughest waters of the world and he reckons that when it is rough the best place to be is in the pool, something to do with the movement keeping your balance even. Don't know how true this is, would be interested to hear others opinions. But, they do cover them in the rough.

I know when I scuba dive, I feel sick on the boat but fine in the water. I think sea sickness is from going against the natural waves. EEk I will certainly get some tablets and take them on my trip :) got me scared now. I'm remembering all the sea sick feelings.

I was talking to somebody that used to work on ships as a chef in some of the roughest waters of the world and he reckons that when it is rough the best place to be is in the pool, something to do with the movement keeping your balance even. Don't know how true this is, would be interested to hear others opinions. But, they do cover them in the rough.

Hi everyone!

I worked on Majesty of the Seas back in late 2001/2002 cruising around the bahamas and we went through the middle of a hurricane cause we didn't have time to go around it! and it was amazing. You couldn't walk down the corridors without bumping into the walls and I even fell out of the bunk one night!! It was brilliant! That said, ALOT of the passengers suffered sea sickness (which was gross when they kept throwing up in the pot plants!!) and got panicky. All I can say is that if you haven't been on a cruise before take a tablet first thing that morning and again when you board (or as per instructions). It is much easier to prevent it than to fix it! In relation to the pools on board the ship - one REALLY rough night (going around another hurricane) they forgot to empty the pool and the water splashed up so high it reached the bridge - we were drinking on the back deck of the spa (I worked in the spa) at the time and it scared us silly at first. When we realised what had happened we found it highly amusing - one of the best things I saw on that ship!!! So anyway, I probably wouldn't go getting into the pool in really rough weather after seeing that - you may end up on the bridge!!

Archived