Blue Lagoon and Carnival

snapsbymel

Hi! I've seen reviews on Blue Lagoon and it seems like just the place we would like to go. Only, thing is when I went on carnival excursions I can't find it anywhere. I called carnival and they were like if I don't see it then they don't offer any longer. So, my question is why is carnival not offering this anymore? The next question is is this a good excursion to take although not through carnival? Are they reliable to have us back where we need to be on time? Would you suggest us doing this excursion? There will be 4 families going. kids ages range from 2-10. adults in their 30s and my parents whom are in 60s

I think Carnival stopped offering a Blue Lagoon excursion when they opened their own "private island" at Balmoral.

Getting to Blue Lagoon does require a taxi ride to the ferry terminal and then the 30-minute ferry ride each way. The ferries only return a few times a day so whether it's a good excursion really depends on your hours in port.

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon several years ago and it was excellent. We haven't done the beach day there yet - maybe one of these days.

We did Blue Lagoon in 2009. Although I think Carnival was partnered with BL then, we did the excursion booking on our own with BL directly. They were great. The dolphin experience was top notch - so awesome to swim with them! The beach was beautiful!

Next opportunity we have for a whole day at Nassau, I should say whole morning and afternoon... we will do BL again, whatever line we are on. Next cruise has us in port for the afternoon and evening, not enough to make it worth it for BL... You really need to start the day first thing in the morning. Cab to the BL dock on paradise island, wait for ferry, 30 minute ferry ride to BL. It eats a fair amount of time. Then the last ferry back is like at 3:30PM... It is a great ferry ride, don't get me wrong, but it time not spent on the beach.

Enjoy it!