Big Ships in Hamilton

Cruisin MarcnFran

Just received an e-mail from Costa. They are offering a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Hamilton in April '06 on the Costa Magica. This ship is 105,000 tons. I haven't been to LOVELY BERMUDA in a few years. But have they made some drastic changes at the docks there? Or will this ship be anchored off the coast and passengers tendered in?

I did a quick google and cruise websites seem to say its going to Hamilton. How it will fit I'm not sure.

We were on the QE2 in 2002 and slated to tender in Hamilton, however our Captain (Paul Wright) obtained permission for the Queen to dock at KW. I guess it would all depend on an available berth. People with us who had done this cruise 2wice before told us QE2 did tender in Hamilton.

Jeanne

• 5 months later...

Ok, So I Am Sailing On The Costa Cruise From Fl. 4/28

I Didn't Read Close Enough To See We Really Are In Hamilton For 1 Full Day Only. (i Am Still Excited To Be Going To Bermuda Though)

Anyway, Can You Guys Let Me Know The Way To Best Make Use Of My Time And Travel Arrangements For The 1 Day To See The Most I Can?

Also, Would It Be Safe And Is There Anything To Do In The Evening In Hamilton, That Is If Tenders Are Available At 8p.m. When We Arrive The Night Before?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Hopefully, since it's an overnight call, they'll have tender service thru the night in case anyone wants to partake in Hamiltons nightlife.

If not, there are a few pubs in the Dockyard area that are in walking distance. The Frog and Onion comes to mind ..... :cool:

And since the ship sails later in the evening the next day, you can take a bus to Horseshoe Bay, and enjoy a day at the beach.

Lot's of possibilities abound on that little jewel of an island.

My Bermuda .... :)

Archived