Need Help from Past Visitors

hartskys

This is our first time to Antigua and we will be bringing my MIL who is 84. We were thinking about taking the public bus #17 to the Dockyard and then maybe to a beach just for some pictures before heading back to the ship. My MIL can walk with no problems just can't walk very long distances.

Sorry, so many questions. When it's just us we just wing everything but this time I need to plan ahead.

Is the bus very far from the pier? Once you get to the Dockyard what is there to do and see and is there a lot of walking? Do they have bathroom facilities? And what beach would you recommend stopping at on the way back to the ship and would we need to take a certain bus#? Or is there something else anyone recommends doing?

We also thought about taking a taxi for the day but we don't want to spend much as we are on a little bit of a tight budget on this trip. Or do they offer tours that you can book right at the pier? If anyone has taken any do you happen remember the cost and what you did for the day?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hartskys

I have been on cruisecritic all night. Another option I found is possibly getting a taxi and going to the rainforest, devils bridge and stopping by long bay beach but not sure what the cost would be?

If I had my 84 year old MIL, I sure wouldn't take a bus. I would take a private tour, see the island, it is beautiful

Agree, we are planning on hiring a taxi at the pier for the day. Just trying to figure out our plans now. Thanks