Can you buy a ferry pass to Bermuda on the Breakaway?

When I was on the Breakaway last year, no. However, you can buy them in the visitor information center in port. It's literally right off the ship in the building where you walk through the security scan. Just remember to bring cash (credit cards aren't accepted), and I would also have exact change too since they'll give Bermudian dollars back.

Heard someone say that they bought a ferry pass to Bermuda on a ship, but not sure which one.

Are you able to buy a Bermuda ferry pass before docking, while still on the Breakaway?

Thanks

We purchased 2 day public transportation passes onboard Breakaway last July at the Excursions Desk. Good for buses and ferries.

~robin

We were able to purchase the ferry/bus passes on board but I believe they had a limited number. Would suggest you ask at the desk early in the week. If they don't have them, they are available at the pier but as I recall we had to have cash. They accepted US dollars.

• 3 weeks later...
What is the exchange rate for Bermudian $?

It's an even 1:1 exchange. Bermuda ties their dollar to ours (US Dollar), since so much of their tourism comes from the US. Makes it easy, since the vast majority of places accept US dollars and will give cash back in US dollars. If you want to collect Bermudian money (as my boyfriend and I did), you can also request small bills. Their money is pretty.

It's an even 1:1 exchange. Bermuda ties their dollar to ours (US Dollar), since so much of their tourism comes from the US. Makes it easy, since the vast majority of places accept US dollars and will give cash back in US dollars. If you want to collect Bermudian money (as my boyfriend and I did), you can also request small bills. Their money is pretty.

Yep, just don't be rude and obnoxious and call their money "funny money." On my Bermuda cruise, I was behind a lady doing that at one of the little stores in the Dockyard. She was requesting US money in change, but she did it by saying, "I want real money back, not that funny money." Some people just have no idea how rude and insulting they are being, lol.

You'll get cash back in dollars unless they don't have enough dollars to give you back in change. If you give them a $50 bill and buy $3 worth of postcards, they probably won't be able to make change in U.S. dollars.

Yep, just don't be rude and obnoxious and call their money "funny money." On my Bermuda cruise, I was behind a lady doing that at one of the little stores in the Dockyard. She was requesting US money in change, but she did it by saying, "I want real money back, not that funny money." Some people just have no idea how rude and insulting they are being, lol.

Lol what? Some people are truly ridiculous. Hope that lady never tries to go to basically anywhere else.