Power Strips

Rock712

You will get conflicting reports with this. Some room stewards might take them, some won't. Sometimes, they will get confiscated at check-in, sometimes not. The best bet is to bring an extension cord with the 3 plugs at the end. They are not as worried about these as they are about the power strips. It's still possible for the extension cord to be taken, but much less likely than a power strip. I've never had an extension cord taken.

Three power strips in three different pieces of luggage checked in at the same time going to three different staterooms. One was confiscated ,two arrived. All three were new and still in their original packaging. We now carry them on with a copy of the FAQ that says they are allowed.

On our last cruise the steward asked us to put it away when we were not in the room. He explained that if they were suppose to confiscate them if they found them and that if his supervisor walked in and saw it he could get in trouble.

My husband and I both have cpap machines and I will be taking portable O2 consontrator, they are supposed to be connected to a surge protector (I use a surge protector power strip so we can also plug in our phones etc.) would that be ok?? we can take an extension cord and run it under the bed but we still need the surge protector hooked up

My husband and I both have cpap machines and I will be taking portable O2 consontrator, they are supposed to be connected to a surge protector (I use a surge protector power strip so we can also plug in our phones etc.) would that be ok?? we can take an extension cord and run it under the bed but we still need the surge protector hooked up

I think instead of asking on these boards, you need to get with Carnival, and ask them what you need to do to get it approved. Based on the fact you said, you were using it for other items, leads people to believe that you really want it for other things, and not for your machines. Note, my wife travels with a CPAP and we never used or needed a power strip.

My husband has a CPAP machine as well and we bring an extension cord and power strip for it. I always email Carnival before we go with our booking # and ask. They always send me back an email, giving permission, with the rules. I print it off and take it with us, just in case there is a conflict. We have never had any issues with it. Last time, they even flagged it on our account because the check-in Lady asked us, "So you have your CPAP machine and equipment?"

This is the email address for that: iCare@carnival.com

I just do it as a precaution, but Carnival's rules clearly state you can bring an extension cord and outlet as long as they are in good working order and safe.

I also travel with the Belkin model pictured in an earlier post. We last cruised on the Liberty in Feb of this year. Our room steward did unplug it from the receptacle during the day. He did not say anything about it, just left on the counter. I guess it just depends.

Happy cruisin to all.

It seems like I've read conflicting stories...

Power Strips. Are they allowed to give you extra outlets , or will the room stewards confiscate if they see them ??

I always cruise with a power strip and have never had an issue with it being confiscated; however, I suggest that you not plug too many things into it at once or you will trip a breaker. In that case you have to wait for someone to come reset the breaker which is a bummer that will leave you without a plug until then. I never plug in more than 2 things at once, and if I'm using something that draws more power like a blow dryer, I only plug in one thing. Small things like camera or cell phone batteries don't draw much power though. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. And FYI I always pack my power strip in my luggage and not my carry on. And just make sure your power strip is in good working order, i.e., not damaged or showing exposed wires, etc. Check out Carnival's rules here:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Hi Rock :)

We use this type, photo below..

It fits in my camera bag that I place in my carry-on bag.

powerstrip_zpsa6dfd261.jpg

Have a terrific day!:)

That's the same one I use and I've never had any problems and no one has ever said anything to me about it. I usually pack it in my carry-on

"Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark. "

They are concerned with surge suppressors. Google for surge suppressor fire and you'll see why.

I got this at Staples. Works great and has a USB on the side for IPad etc.

[ATTACH]345748[/ATTACH]

An adapter like this one was confiscated at security getting on the ship by Celebrity last November. From now on, I will check on whatever power strip or adapter I am bringing. The power strip, extension cord, and Christmas lights in my suitcase all made it through just fine.