OBC and excursions

pralientje

I booked the Journey for the June 23 sailing. I got an OBC and since almost everything is included I want to use it for booking some excursions.

My question is: if I book an excursion before the saildate, can I use my OBC for it, or will I be charged seperately. Hope it makes sense. First timer on Azamara:)

I booked the Journey for the June 23 sailing. I got an OBC and since almost everything is included I want to use it for booking some excursions.

My question is: if I book an excursion before the saildate, can I use my OBC for it, or will I be charged seperately. Hope it makes sense. First timer on Azamara:)

You will be charged separately. You can then see if they will allow you to cancel and refund your card onboard and then rebook using the OBC for the trip. This has not been an issue in my experience, however recent posters were posting the contrary and the blogging officer indicated it was a practice that was not condoned - though I am totally with you on this one, Land Discoveries are the only thing onboard I can use credit for as I am most usually in a suite so there is no need for dining purchases

Your only other alternative is to wait until you are onboard though you do risk then finding the excursion is sold out

This is an area I really wish Azamara would look at as it is going to be a big issue next year given the number of promotions with OBC they have been running

If you book before sail date, you will be asked for a credit card at the time you book. If there are excursions you simply must have, you can book before sail date to ensure you will get them. You can try to cancel and re-book when on-board, but it's not clear if the cost will then be charged to your on-board account and your credit card payment refunded. But you will be assured of getting the excursions you most want. You can them book other excursions when on-board to use your OBC.

We have this situation with our October Quest cruise to Dubai. Our intent is to wait and book on-board as we have a large OBC as a result of a promotion.

There is an existing thread on this board discussing this subject. You might want to try a search in order to find it.