LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

We've arrived at the hotel

e8e05d1cbc67232d6d16ac0f53b471f1.jpg

The hotel bar

a262272ec292dd1321a4425b75d4f995.jpg

The beach and the water is very nice here

4abaaa72c1f4bd9e9765c6cf73b3e73b.jpg

Just wondering if you took the water taxi and then walked to the hotel and is it located on the boardwalk. Do you have to make arrangements before you get there and just curious the per person cost if you don't mind my asking and understand if you don't want to say. Looks very nice and I would love to check this out when we are there in December. Thank you for taking time on your vacation to answer our questions. Loving this live review.

Theresa

Edited by psupa

Thank you once again for this live review. Its the highlight of my day.

Looking forward to Quantum next month.

really nice to see San Juan and St Maarten again since our visit last November. Brought back happy memories.

Regards

Ron.

Best place to have a burger. I have had a lot of burgers and I have to say they have the best!

Love the area outside! something that has to be experienced if you are in port!!

Also, if you eat there you use the bathrooms at no cost! :D Just saying....

Hello friends! I'm now back on board after a great day at the beach at the Holland House Hotel! Kudos to Bill and Rosie for putting this together and to Roy at the Holland House for making sure our group was taken care of. I look forward to going there again in November!

For those that have asked, it's not something that has to be arranged in advance unless you will have a big group. Then they would appreciate you letting them know your group size in advance that way they will have chairs reserved for you. If there is a lot of ships in port that day then Roy recommends getting there earlier because by 10 am it will be very busy on the beach.

25 dollars per couple for 2 beach chairs, umbrella, and a bucket of beer, soda, or combination of the 2. Plus if you need to use the shower by the bar to rinse off or need to use the bathroom facilities just ask for a token at the bar and it's free of charge.

Will be headed up to the pool deck in a little while for sailaway and then dinner at Chops at 7:30!

Be back later.... :)

The lines are cast

b05ef2f0bad83c8db9c2a6a2fe573a92.jpg

We begin to push away from the pier

e311210905fd579a55d42aaa440bf063.jpg

The Air France A340 flies overhead as she departs St. Maarten

401ab2e33381bd16a7da5f5bed9ba6b5.jpg

2a0e20df012c5f4352f0bf322140bc51.jpg

So long St. Maarten. Until next time....

40116e74465defb9b9f084210ede1959.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

Well, you're almost halfway through (sorry for the reminder). How does this cruise rank among all your cruises? How does the ship, food, service also rank, if you are able to distinguish.

I will definitely give out my grades and thoughts at the end but I will say this:

Before this cruise I had serious doubts I would sail on this class after this sailing. Now I am seriously considering booking Anthem for a future cruise.

That doesn't mean everything has been great on this cruise and I will expand on the negatives at the end.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Read all your reviews but have never posted. I have to ask what airline served you food!? Every time we fly we get a little bag of pretzels and a drink, lol. I was shocked to see what you received. Looked like the good ole days! Enjoy your cruise, I very much enjoy your review each time!

I loved seeing your beach day on St Maarten. We were supposed to end our day at Holland House on our last visit there, but time does fly when you're having fun so we never made it there. Looks beautiful. We will have to check it out on another trip. Thanks again for your live review.

Chris - thank you so much for this virtual vacation! I chimed in, in the beginning, because i couldn't see your pictures and you suggested it may be my browser. Sure enough it was. That's what I get for trying to "vacation" at work! I'm finally caught up now.

Tell Mr. Gibbs I think he is just adorable!!!! You kids sure know how to have fun!

looking at his FB page...Reyno is home on vacation right now
If you can please find anything out about what ship Reyno will be on when he returns from vacation, please post it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I maintain the Current Concierge Google Doc. From what I know, Mario Adonis Reyes and Marine Wang are Suite Concierges and Carolina Cubillasmay is in the DL. Is this accurate? Thanks