LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

To ask a stupid question; do the 5 dining rooms serve distinctly different menus or are they just themed differently with decor?

Each have their own unique menu. I believe the menu now changes halfway through the cruise ( it used to be the same every day, every cruise). There is also a small selection of Always Available choices, such as plain chicken.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

So there is no theater as on other RC ships? That looks like a lounge with a stage with your last pictures.

I believe the last set was in the music hall... There is a regular theater for the main shows. He posted some pictures a few pages back.

Exactly Gambee. There is the Royal Theater and 270 to host entertainment venues

You're doing a fantastic job. Really enjoying your pictures and commentaries.

Those potato pancakes look fantastic. Have you noticed any of the fruit soups being served?

I haven't noticed any of the fruit soups yet but will keep an eye out for them on the menus. The menus are changing halfway during our cruise

Good morning friends and welcome to day five of LIVE from Quantum of the Seas! Another beautiful morning as we continue to head towards San Juan with an expected arrival time of 3 pm. Looking forward to sail into San Juan harbor past the old fort :)

I know there is still so much of the ship not covered yet and I promise to do my best to bring the experience to everyone. Stay tuned as the day gets underway!

Off for breakfast and more importantly, COFFEE!!!

Our current position:

2015-04-15%2006.32.07_zpsglhfezzf.jpg

Just a short note to say how much I am enjoying your review. We sail on Quantum next month so this certainly adds to the excitement.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to do this. It is much appreciated.

Regards

Ron.

Chris, first thanks for posting, this has been fantastic as always! The ship so far looks amazing!!!

Quick question, I am late to the party booking Anthem for June 20th, just booked yesterday! :eek:

Would you say that the dining at night is crowded, my concern is being able to book dining options this close to the cruise date. We love the specialty dining. We are later at night diners. Will be on Anthem for 14 days.

Thanks

Chris, first thanks for posting, this has been fantastic as always! The ship so far looks amazing!!!

Quick question, I am late to the party booking Anthem for June 20th, just booked yesterday! :eek:

Would you say that the dining at night is crowded, my concern is being able to book dining options this close to the cruise date. We love the specialty dining. We are later at night diners. Will be on Anthem for 14 days.

Thanks

Dining can be crowded depending on where you go. I thought American Icon and Grande were very crowded when I was there. AI was also very loud.

I would try to book what you can as soon as possible. I definitely recommend Jamie's. I'm not getting a very good impression of American Icon on this cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Based on what I'm seeing on the Anthem role calls, if you're late night diners I think you should be fine. People have been complaining they can only get late night reservations on some sailings.

What's classic dining????

Classic is an option where you will rotate through the dining rooms with a set dining time (6 or 8:30) and your waitstaff goes with you to each dining room

Edited by Bugsy4271

Classic is an option where you will rotate through the dining rooms with a set dining time (6 or 8:30) and your waitstaff goes with you to each dining room

How do the Classic people know which dining room they are to use on a given night. Cruise Compass?

How do the Classic people know which dining room they are to use on a given night. Cruise Compass?

I honestly don't know how it's gonna work since I haven't done it either. Will try to find out :)

I don't think it could be on the Cruise Compass because everyone couldn't be in the same dining room each night. You will probably receive a notice in your stateroom telling you which restaurant and which table. We signed up for Classic Dining on the Harmony TA next year. A whole lot easier than making 53 individual reservations on Quantum.

I don't think it could be on the Cruise Compass because everyone couldn't be in the same dining room each night. You will probably receive a notice in your stateroom telling you which restaurant and which table. We signed up for Classic Dining on the Harmony TA next year. A whole lot easier than making 53 individual reservations on Quantum.

Duh, thanks, that makes sense.:o