LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Chris, I finally made it through your review. I wish I could had followed along from day one, but as you knew I was cruising on the Star Princess doing a California Coastal cruise. Your feedback about the Quantum and pictures were fantastic. You did an amazing job with this live review. Darlene and I are so looking forward to cruising with you on the Regal Princess this November 8th. Your beach outings in St Maarten, St Kitts and Barbados looked awesome. It would be nice if some of your pink boa & fedora friends could join us in November. They sure seemed like a special group of friends. See you over on our Regal roll call.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Great job, Chris... I just spent some time reliving what was a great cruise. :)

Concierge Lounge:

There were over 100 Diamond Plus cruisers and 13 Pinnacles on board which made for a very crowded lounge. It was always very busy ay 5:00 pm and the Concierge (Mario) dug some folding chairs out of a closet and even gave up his own chair at times. By 6:00 pm the rush was over. The bar servers in the Concierge lounge were excellent. The Captain stopped by almost every night to mingle.

The actual D+ numbers were actually quite a bit higher than that on this cruise... There were 13 Pinnacle Members, 311 D+ Members and 776 Diamond Members. A grand total of 3200 Crown and Anchor Members.

We only tried to go to the concierge lounge twice during the cruise during cocktail hour, both times at around 7:00. We weren't able to get a seat either time, which was frustrating especially since the location isn't exactly on the way to dinner like it is on some of the other ships. Thank heavens we also had access to the Diamond Lounge (where we were able to get seats every night), so it was just slightly frustrating. If we would have been suite guests without access to another lounge or the drinks on our Sea Pass Card, we would have been seriously annoyed.

Great job, Chris... I just spent some time reliving what was a great cruise. :)

The actual D+ numbers were actually quite a bit higher than that on this cruise... There were 13 Pinnacle Members, 311 D+ Members and 776 Diamond Members. A grand total of 3200 Crown and Anchor Members.

We only tried to go to the concierge lounge twice during the cruise during cocktail hour, both times at around 7:00. We weren't able to get a seat either time, which was frustrating especially since the location isn't exactly on the way to dinner like it is on some of the other ships. Thank heavens we also had access to the Diamond Lounge (where we were able to get seats every night), so it was just slightly frustrating. If we would have been suite guests without access to another lounge or the drinks on our Sea Pass Card, we would have been seriously annoyed.

We are Diamond members who sailed 12/12. The first night the lounge was packed. For the next 6 nights it was manageable. With the pricing of cruises being what it is, there will come a day when everyone is Diamond or above.

Martinique seemed like a wasted day. I don't remember any photos showing what you did. Didn't you do anything fun? I thought I'd like to go there one day but it doesn't seem like I'm missing much. Your thoughts?

We did a tour of the island and the St Pierre Rum Factory. LOVED IT! The have the most beautiful rainforest there with beautiful plants. I would love to go back to Martinique some day.

FANTASTIC REVIEW, Chris!!!!!!

This was hands-down my most favorite cruise - Quantum was stunning, but the people in our roll call is what made it SPECIAL!!!!

Great meeting you and all those I have had the opportunity to meet from our roll call - MISS YOU ALL!!!

Hugs

Barb

Took the words right out of my mouth Barb.

This was by far my BEST cruise ever. I was a skeptic as I did not particularly like Oasis especially the service, but I loved Quantum. Loved everything about Quantum. Our stateroom, our service, 95% of our food. Only bad meal I had on the whole cruise was in AIG when I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were not edible. Yes sometimes the service was slow but that was fine as on those nights we had no need to rush. We did not particularly enjoy Silk and therefore we all opted to change our 2nd reservation for Silk to IAG. Just goes to show how everyone enjoys different venues.

I could have used another 12 days on Quantum to be able to take everything in that I would have liked to have experienced. Hope to in the future sail on one of her sister ships.

Thank you Chris for your excellent live review which allowed me to re-live an amazing cruise. Also glad that I got to meet you. Who knows maybe one day we will cruise together again.

Missing my POTOOTS!

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed on your Day 1 Cruise Compass that it says your sea pass cards are in an envelope outside your room? You don't get a sea pass when you first check in? How do you get in your room?:confused:

The seapass card was in an envelope in a slot by your cabin number. For any purchases made before the cabins were ready you just used your boarding pass.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

The sea pass for the main person on the reservation was in a tamper-evident envelope! Tucked into your cabin number by your door. For any other residents of the cabin, their sea passes were in the cabin, as were all WOW bands. We liked Quantum the ship, just not that itinerary. We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Oasis and maybe Harmony, someday. We loved the big gals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My WOW band worked fine. It had a buckle, but it still came lose one time and fell off. Fortunately someone saw it fall and picked it up right away. Liked not having to fish out the card to open the cabin door.

DH's band didn't have the buckle, so he went down to GS to see if they could replace it. He has a large wrist and the kind with just the "peg and hole" wouldn't stay closed. They found one with a buckle and it was fine for him. They're pretty thin and flimsy, not at all like the Disney MagicBands.

I'm not sure you couldn't use a lanyard; however, the Quantum cards have a special chip in them, so you'd probably want to use one of the lanyards with the plastic card holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hello friends! Time for an update...

I would like to once again thank everyone who follows my live reports and wanted to let everyone know that 5 weeks from today I will be starting my next adventure aboard Regal Princess. My next live adventure will begin on Saturday, October 31st! Most of you know I will be including on the pre cruise fun as a build up to when I board Regal on Tuesday, November 3rd! This will also be another 12 nights at sea(5 night and then a 7 night) so looking forward to another extended cruise vacation.

I will post the link here once I start the next report. Hope to see you all there! :)

I would like to once again thank everyone who follows my live reports and wanted to let everyone know that 5 weeks from today I will be starting my next adventure aboard Regal Princess. My next live adventure will begin on Saturday, October 31st! Most of you know I will be including on the pre cruise fun as a build up to when I board Regal on Tuesday, November 3rd! This will also be another 12 nights at sea(5 night and then a 7 night) so looking forward to another extended cruise vacation.

I will post the link here once I start the next report. Hope to see you all there! :)

Wonderful news Chris and Regal Princess arrived in New York today from Europe. Getting closer

Chris, we'll be sailing on Oasis (2nd leg of our B2B) on Oct 31st but will catch up on your live when we get back. Dee & John and Kim & Alex will be with us plus a few more PBC'ers.

Patty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Chris! Can't you squeeze one more cruise in before Oct. 31?

Anyway, I'm a Princess Virgin so I'm really looking forward to this one and your outstanding live reporting.

Edited by Yorkvillain

• 1 month later...