Motion on Allure

Simple answer. It all depends on the conditions of the sea and wind.

You will feel more motion in the forward location than mid-ship. You will feel more motion on deck 10 than on deck 3.

My limited experience (1 cruise) we had a forward stateroom (12544 i believe) and we didnt feel much until the second to last night when leaving Cozumel. THe seas were rocking, but we only felt a lttle motion it wasnt that bad. Only really rememer it because we at at Samba that night so our bellies were loaded with meat. For the most part the entire time on the ship we would only feel a litle here or there and mostly just made it feel like you were starting to get buzzed.

We were on Allure in fairly calm seas and I couldn't feel any motion, at all. The entire cruise it felt like I was on land. The ship is so massive, it takes some considerably rocky seas for it to be really noticeable.

We had an interior room forward on the 9th and we sure felt it. Was rocking for a day and half we were coming up behind a storm. If the seas are calm you can't tell you are moving. But it's a ship so you will feel it, but nothing bad. I liked it, my wife not so much :D

Thank you all for your replies.

Frank

I've been on deck 12 twice and one time felt nothing and 2 years later just enough rocking to be barely noticeable. Once was in front of the ship and the 2nd the last aft cabin.

I've been on deck 12 twice and one time felt nothing and 2 years later just enough rocking to be barely noticeable. Once was in front of the ship and the 2nd the last aft cabin.

I was on deck 12 in back of ship and barely noticed anything. however, during show in amber theater, i noticed a lot more motion (relatively). i would stay away from front of ship if possible for your room.

We were aboard the Oasis last November, inasmuch as these ships are so much larger in width (Central Park in the middle) it seemed much more stable to me. However when the seas got a bit rough coming back, when we were in the main deck promenade we were a movin pretty good. I would try to stay towards the middle as a rule any ship.

Most of the movement encountered on the Oasis class ships is a side to side motion.

Capt Zini explained it is because of the height of the ship and you will feel more motion in heavy winds rather than the seas in the Caribbean.