Alitalia A330-200 JFK to MXP

twin123185

Can't answer your question, but to further complicate matters, AZ has two different interior configurations of the A330. Between now and your flight, you might get a swap between the two.

My own experience with other carriers is that the armrests move except for the bulkhead and exit rows where they are fixed with an internal tray table. Whether that applies or not to AZ I cannot say.

Flying AZ next month, but not on a 330. Wish I could report back. Good luck.

Features of individual seats have very little to do with Airbus, Boeing, etc. Airlines figure out how they want to outfit the cabin. There are numerous choices for galleys, bins, partitions, lavatories, and seats. The airline, equipment manufacturers, and plane manufacturer work together to get everything configured, and then installed on the plane.

Things like armrests are not specifically an "Airbus" trait. A good analogy is your neighborhood...others may have your same floorplan but what goes into each house (and where) is up to the homeowner.

An airline may have several configurations of the same aircraft because they fly in different markets, some were acquired in a merger, or they are in the middle of refurbishing their fleet. Seatguru provides a lot of the info you're seeking.

Edited by kenish

A lot of airlines also have immovable armrests at end of the plane where the middle block only has 3 seats instead of 4. So if you want to reduce the chance of having immovable armrests, try to stay away from the seats D, E & G near the last rows of the plane.

I haven't flown AZ on a long haul route, so I can not say anything about the rest of the seats, but I thought you should know this.

Edited by headhunterke