LAX - Is it cheaper to take an airport shuttle/taxi or

Mom2Dan

should I book the RCCL shuttle? I have never been to LA so the distance from the airport to the San Pedro pier is unknown to me.

I would really appreciate any transfer advice that anyone can spare.

Unless you want to wait forever on the bus waiting for it to fill up with other passengers, don't use the RRCL shuttle. It's really easy to get a normal shuttle to the pier from LAX. Prime Time Shuttle or the other one (can't remember the name). One of them is a blue 15 passenger van, and the other company is a red one... You can book online so it's there waiting for you.

If there are four in your party, it's less expensive and less hastle to take a cab. Next would be supershuttle. The RCCL personnel at the doc were upfront with us on costs. The ride itself was under 25 minutes and ran us $40.00. I think the ship wants $26.00 each (might be wrong, someone can correct me here) and you basically wait until the bus is full before leaving LAX.

Enterprise car rental will rent a small car for about $26.00 and has a drop off at San Pedro docks.

There are many ways to San Pedro..............:D

Rick

:)

Does anyone have any advice on the Miami shuttle/cab ride to the dock??

I never thought of this our TA just said to have RCI pick us up.

Sorry to bump in on your thread.

Thanks

YOU CAN GET A CAB FOR ABOUT 6 DOLLARS FROM MIAMI TO THE PIER, I JUST GOT OFF THE EXPLORER, AS A MATTER OF FACT I DID MY EMBARKATION EARLY, HAD LUNCH AT THE WINDJAMER, THEN GOT OFF AND TOOK A RIDE TO BAYSIDE SHOPPED WITH MY DAUGHTER THEN WENT BACK TO THE SHIP AT ABOUT 3:30-3:45. IT WAS GREAT, WE ONLY PAID ABOUT 8 BUCKS IN A CAB TO GET BACK. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GOOD TIME

My husband and I expected to take the Prime Time Shuttle when we arrived at LAX to go to the San Pedro Sheraton (Jan. '05). However, the line for the shuttle going towards San Pedro and Long Beach was very, very long and those particular shuttles didn't seem to be coming very frequently. (Also, the Prime Time employees keeping track of the different reservations and shuttles were very harried and quite rude) We waited for about half an hour then said, forget it - we'll take a taxi. It cost about $50 for the two of us plus tip. Were tired having flown from the East Coast and it was worth the extra cost.

Archived