Taxi outside of BUEI

mintsugarcube

It seems that the walk from BUEI to the ferry is about 1 mile. I am disabled and will be really tuckered out at the end of this full day in Bermuda so I don't really want to have to walk this distance!

Can I get a taxi from outside BUEI? How would I do that? Just call a phone number or are they always "hanging around there"? Also, does anyone know how much it would cost to go from BUEI to the ferry by taxi?

Thanks

The first mile for 1-4 passengers in a taxi Monday through Saturday will be $7.90 ($5.15 for the initial "drop" of the meter as soon as you get in the cab, plus $2.75 for the mile trip), plus tip.

I doubt there would be taxis waiting there, but I can't say for sure.

The first mile for 1-4 passengers in a taxi Monday through Saturday will be $7.90 ($5.15 for the initial "drop" of the meter as soon as you get in the cab, plus $2.75 for the mile trip), plus tip.

I doubt there would be taxis waiting there, but I can't say for sure.

Thanks so much! I guess it's as simple as just calling a taxi cab company to pick us up? Do you know how reliable they are in Bermuda? If I ask them to pick me up and they say they'll be there in 10 minutes, is it closer to 10 mins or more like an hour?!!

Edited by mintsugarcube

Thanks so much! I guess it's as simple as just calling a taxi cab company to pick us up? Do you know how reliable they are in Bermuda? If I ask them to pick me up and they say they'll be there in 10 minutes, is it closer to 10 mins or more like an hour?!!

I've never phoned for a taxi in Bermuda, so I can't answer your question.

Hello, The bus stop is right out side to take you to Dockyard . If you wasn't the ferry you have to cross the street.nhave a great day.

Really? I knew there was a bus stop outside, but didn't know it would get any closer to the ferry area. I thought that BUEI was the closest stop to the ferry area. So I can get closer to the ferry via bus than BUEI?!! Thanks!

Edited by mintsugarcube

Really? I knew there was a bus stop outside, but didn't know it would get any closer to the ferry area. I thought that BUEI was the closest stop to the ferry area. So I can get closer to the ferry via bus than BUEI?!! Thanks!

After our visit there, kids had the desk call a taxi for them to take them to the caves. They waited 15 minutes. They did the same thing at the Swizzle Inn across from the caves to get back to Hamilton dock for the ferry. A taxinto Dockyard would have been very expensive.

Note: Taxis are fussy on dress...no bathing attire permitted.

They did Bermuda museum, 2 caves, Swizzle Inn all in one day. Vicki

I should specify. I need transportation to Hamilton ferry (1 mile away from BUEI), not the dockyard, which is, of course, a considerably longer distance!

I should specify. I need transportation to Hamilton ferry (1 mile away from BUEI), not the dockyard, which is, of course, a considerably longer distance!

Yes, a bus can get you within a short walk to the Hamilton ferry terminal. You can also take a #7 or 8 bus going in the opposite direction from BUEI all the way back to Dockyard without taking the ferry if you wanted.

Yes, a bus can get you within a short walk to the Hamilton ferry terminal. You can also take a #7 or 8 bus going in the opposite direction from BUEI all the way back to Dockyard without taking the ferry if you wanted.

njhorseman, you know your stuff..thanks!

What part of nj are you from?

We used to live in South Jersey

njhorseman, you know your stuff..thanks!

What part of nj are you from?

We used to live in South Jersey

Thanks for the compliment. We've been regular visitors to Bermuda for more than 25 years. It's almost a second home to us .

We live in the central area of New Jersey.