quantum pax stitched up on bcn Dubai trip

Insanity is expecting different results when doing the same thing - it has been shown ad nauseum on here that RCI will deny things well known by the CC reading public which in the end turn out to be true.

Wow, so I'm insane now am I? What a friendly place the Cc forum is. Well Biker19, hopefully u r in the next cabin to me as I run around naked except for my underpants on my head and a pencil up my nose singing 'More than a Feeling' every night...........

Wow, so I'm insane now am I? What a friendly place the Cc forum is. Well Biker19, hopefully u r in the next cabin to me as I run around naked except for my underpants on my head and a pencil up my nose singing 'More than a Feeling' every night...........

Steady on. Undies on the head and pencil up the nose is sort of par for the course on a holiday.....but singing Boston songs is really disturbing.

Despite what it may sound like, most CCers are here to help. It is up to the reader to believe and use what is being offered as advice.

Feel free to do as you please - the walls are well insulated and nothing you do will disturb my enjoyment of the cruise. :cool:

In the Daily Mail today a travel company is selling the Barcelona to Dubai cruise including flights for a balcony cabin for £999. This is just awful to the people who have paid a lot more. It really makes me think I will not book so far in advance again. We are definitely the losers on this one and the $250 on board credit does not compensate in any way. They have lots of balconies left so they are trying to get rid of them.

In the Daily Mail today a travel company is selling the Barcelona to Dubai cruise including flights for a balcony cabin for £999. This is just awful to the people who have paid a lot more. It really makes me think I will not book so far in advance again. We are definitely the losers on this one and the $250 on board credit does not compensate in any way. They have lots of balconies left so they are trying to get rid of them.

Most repositioning cruises are like that - the best deals are 30-60 days out. If it's any consolation the cheapest balconies are almost $2000 if booked in the US (and that's without flights). This sailing is one of those rare ones when booking in Europe in cheaper than US.

What a ridiculous thing to say! We are shocked and surprised for many reasons:-

I did read the rumour boards and therefore checked with RCI who, in writing, denied any changes.

I'm also shocked and surprised that a company could be so stupid as to have to rebuild large portions of a brand new ship just a few months after it was built.

Shocked and surprised because why on earth is North Star going to be changed at all for the Chinese market.

And actually shocked and surprised that a fellow poster could be so high and mighty and expect everyone to have in depth knowledge of a ship obviously needing modification and obviously knowing the ships schedule well enough to know there was no dry dock.

Do you work for Royal Caribbean?

I'm actually a well informed person who researches, investigates and does not blindly stick my head in the sand and believe the scripted answers of call centre operators when there is info out there that indicates otherwise.

Steady on. Undies on the head and pencil up the nose is sort of par for the course on a holiday.....but singing Boston songs is really disturbing.

I have never laughed so hard at any other post on cc because it was the Boston song that I, too, thought was the weirdest part of the threat.

Wish we could have met on QOTS.

THey knocked €800 of the EU price for balconies . 40% with a month to go.

That UK price could be selective dumping through a few TAs.

Edited by insidecabin

Most repositioning cruises are like that - the best deals are 30-60 days out. If it's any consolation the cheapest balconies are almost $2000 if booked in the US (and that's without flights). This sailing is one of those rare ones when booking in Europe in cheaper than US.

There are quite a few that have been cheaper in the UK/EU than US at some point in the price cycle, It is becoming more common on all cruise lines.

I have never laughed so hard at any other post on cc because it was the Boston song that I, too, thought was the weirdest part of the threat.

Wish we could have met on QOTS.

Who knows. Our paths may cross some day. Would love to have a beer and sing a few Styx songs LOL.

Thanks Biker, but I'm not happy with the OBC. I'm actually trying to get a full refund as I feel that RCI have changed my holiday significantly after waiting until I've made the final payment they decide to advise that the ship is going to be a building site and they are cancelling the main show. This is a special occasion for us and after all the bad reviews this is the final straw...

Who are the TA claiming has responsibility, are they saying they are acting as an agent of RCI or did they package the deal for you(with their flights).

If you paid by CC might be worth getting them involved they will be jointly liable, a potential charge back may get some action.

(especially as the TA will not have the money, they will be much more interested in convincing RCI).

Both the TA and RCI are ABTA bonded and the cruise(IMO) broke the guidelines.

I do hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

This(selling cruises they don't deliver) is becoming far too common on RCI

They are doing it again.

Allure TA heading over to EU for dry dock.

Building work started and impacting passengers

More than the usual excess Diamonds(up) do on Transatlantic.

Venue closures, no notifications till you got to your cabin.

We are from the UK & have been offered a full refund if we wish to do so but with already having booked flights, hotels & paying for Indian visas it's not worth cancelling...

It seems you can get a refund if that is what you want to do but obviously only for the cruise.

Did anyone have any luck with ABTA on this one? I feel like the fact they waited until mid April to inform us breaches their guidelines, given that we proceeded on the basis of false information from RCL call centre staff in January that the rumours were unfounded. It seems from snippets across the forum that clearly they were aware and could have informed passengers far earlier than they did (I.e. Before final payment).

I think abta will be a dead end via cruise forums and individual complaints,

These failures* needs to get reported in the more mainline travel media or the likes of watchdog.

maybe try the code of conduct committee, for their own failure to act.

RCI is sailing ships with PLANNED construction work and not informing passengers promptly or at all in some cases.

These are not one off cases of things like build/dry dock over runs.