Does Royal adjust for a price decrease?

We booked our E1 at a decent rate ($2,200) last year for our upcoming June cruise. Then the price went up by $1,300 to $3,500 for two people to and stayed there for about 8 months. Now, after final payment due date, the price for an E1 is now $1,600. Really? They wait until final payment due date to drop the rate. I've followed the cruise on the site that shows cruise capacity booked and it has been around 38% to 39% booked. I was going to get the Premium drink package when the bogo1/2 sale started, but was told by RCCL that in order to do that, my cruise fare would need to be adjusted to the $3,500 to get the bogo1/2 premium package. No thanks. Now that the price is $500 lower, if I call to get the bogo1/2, will they lower the price? Doubt it, but will call anyway.

We booked our E1 at a decent rate ($2,200) last year for our upcoming June cruise. Then the price went up by $1,300 to $3,500 for two people to and stayed there for about 8 months. Now, after final payment due date, the price for an E1 is now $1,600. Really? They wait until final payment due date to drop the rate. I've followed the cruise on the site that shows cruise capacity booked and it has been around 38% to 39% booked. I was going to get the Premium drink package when the bogo1/2 sale started, but was told by RCCL that in order to do that, my cruise fare would need to be adjusted to the $3,500 to get the bogo1/2 premium package. No thanks. Now that the price is $500 lower, if I call to get the bogo1/2, will they lower the price? Doubt it, but will call anyway.

Royal will not adjust your price downward after final payment date. However, if you find a higher category stateroom available now for a lower price than you paid, they will usually allow you to upgrade.

No Price Drops after final payment date.

In May of last year you could have got an E2 for 900pp or so, the E1's should have been close to that also, so if you paid 2200 for 2 that was after the prices had already gone up, book early

We booked 7/14/2014 for a June 2015 cruise (11 months early). But I see what you mean, last week I booked 9/11/2016 aft balcony for roughly $1700 total for 2. That is better than the pricing on my recent Carnival aft balconies.

The 38% booked that you referred to is not the %of the ship that is booked. It is the % of categories that are still available. There may only be one cabin left in each category and the ship would still show as being 100% available. It is a very misleading and useless statistic that they have put in as many of the categories never show up as being available to book and throw the numbers off.

The 38% booked that you referred to is not the %of the ship that is booked. It is the % of categories that are still available. There may only be one cabin left in each category and the ship would still show as being 100% available. It is a very misleading and useless statistic that they have put in as many of the categories never show up as being available to book and throw the numbers off.

Thank you for that clarification.

Now for the embarrassing part, I chose June 7, 2015 on the cruise search page + Navigator + sail from Galveston. When I got page 2 of the mock booking it automatically took me to August 30, 2015 pricing. The June 7 pricing is still around $3000 for 2 if you take the mandatory 3rd person off the booking.