Complimentary Speciality restaurants pre-booked

PSU

I just had an interesting conversation with the Celebrity rep who takes care of specialty restaurant reservations. I wanted to make a reservation for Qsine for 9 of us (my husband and myself, my children and grandchildren) for Aug. on the Summit. Four of us will be in a Celebrity suite and have a complimentary dinner, but she said she could not take care of that and we would have to wait until we were on the ship.

I was just on the Constellation in Feb. and took care of my complimentary reservations before the cruise. The rep said that there were too many instances of complimentary dinner reservations going missing after someone went into the reservation.

I guess I will wait and email the Michael Club's concierge before we go, but I just wanted to make sure that this was taken care of.

Has this happened to anyone else recently? I was so used to doing this for my previous cruises that I just thought I would do it again.

If you aren't able to do this, with a party of 9, I personally would book it and pay for the reservations for all ahead of time. You will be reimbursed for the 4 people, if it is your first specialty reservation onboard (at least my butler said they normally count the first specialty dinner that you have on the cruise as your complimentary one - or first 2 dinners, if a longer cruise, though not set in stone).

Although suites get preference for specialty dining reservations, I would think having a party of 9 might make it more difficult to get the date/time you really want. I personally wouldn't take a chance - sounds like a special event for your family!