Miami Port parking

cruiseaway7522

We are going on the Breeze in May and planning on parking at the garage across the street from the terminal, I believe its (D). Can someone tell me if we get there at 10-10:30 will there be spaces in the garage or maybe still full from passengers not yet off the ship.

When we drive to port, we've been there as late as 11 and had no issue at all.

But!

The past cruise or two and the one coming up, we've been staying at a hotel with parking for the week. They have a shuttle, but, we typically take a $25 cab and go when we're up and ready. Easy peasy and no Miami traffic. The hotel works out a little cheaper than the garage for the week.

[quote name='chadci']When we drive to port, we've been there as late as 11 and had no issue at all.

But!

The past cruise or two and the one coming up, we've been staying at a hotel with parking for the week. They have a shuttle, but, we typically take a $25 cab and go when we're up and ready. Easy peasy and no Miami traffic. The hotel works out a little cheaper than the garage for the week.[/QUOTE]

Which hotel?

Several hotels out near the MIA airport offer cruise parking packages - Embassy Suites MIA, La Quinta East, Springhill Suites Medical Center and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon are often suggested.

[url]www.stay123.com[/url] and [url]www.parksleepfly.com[/url] are two sources to check.

Your car will likely not be covered :(, will for sure not be as secure :eek:, and the transport will not be as convenient - but you'll save compared to parking at POM.

It is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

[quote name='JohninDC']Several hotels out near the MIA airport offer cruise parking packages - Embassy Suites MIA, La Quinta East, Springhill Suites Medical Center and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon are often suggested.

[url]www.stay123.com[/url] and [url]www.parksleepfly.com[/url] are two sources to check.

Your car will likely not be covered :(, will for sure not be as secure :eek:, and the transport will not be as convenient - but you'll save compared to parking at POM.

It is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Have parked offsite several times but only once in Miami and did not like that parking lot. Our cruise is 21 days so would cost us $440 to park at the port. :eek:I could book a cheap cruise for that price!!! Edited by ready2cruzagain

[quote name='ready2cruzagain']Have parked offsite several times but only once in Miami and did not like that parking lot. Our cruise is 21 days so would cost us $440 to park at the port. :eek:I could book a cheap cruise for that price!!![/QUOTE]

A hotel deal - if they include 3 weeks of parking - or maybe parking at the MIA airport and taking cabs to/from the port - would be options I would explore. Have you looked at two one way rentals - one from PA to Miami and another to get you home - saves parking and miles on your car.

Good luck! :) Edited by JohninDC

We stay at La Quinta mostly. Not fantastic but we've had no problems.

Well, I take that back. The car was a bit dusty when we picked it up last year

The week it was parked at POM in the garage, it was filthy.