Wi-Fi@Sea Program

timdeb7581

I am just off the Glory and IPaid for the wifi and after having used around 5 mins wirth of Internet but actually about an hour of time I went back to guest services to get a refund.

It was truly awful.

Honestly don't waste your money.

Thanks for sharing. Really appreciate it was we will be on the Sunshine next month.

1. Were you on the Freedom? Yes

2. By any chance did you talk to anyone who had the more expensive package? I wonder if where you were in the ocean made a big difference No

3. What a great idea to use it to communicate with another person perhaps using your iphones! I know the Breeze has an app for that purpose. Hopefully the app gets to other ships soon

4. I wonder if a text app like Pinger (over wifi) would work better on the most expensive plan

5. So on the cheapest plan does it just let you pick a website or app to click on - in other words you are not using internet explorer for an ipad but rather a screen they have set up?

I can't seem to find any info on this if anyone has links giving more info or first hand experience. It uses whatever browser you normally use. It does have a handy home screen with icons to the included sites. THANKS!

Hope that helps:-)

If this premium access wifi supports music streaming and Skype, can you also use other apps with it. Like games?

Sorry, not tech savvy. Just trying to figure out how to make everyone happy.

When I was on Freedom back in December, a friend of mine used the Premium package to log into World of Warcraft while at sea. He said the connection wasn't fast enough for something like raiding, but he could do his daily stronghold quests and crafting just fine.

So something turn-based would certainly be fine; some games would be okay; a lot of time-critical games would likely experience too much latency to be enjoyable.

I had Value myself, and had no problem checking my e-mail, occasionally reading the news or looking something up online, and keeping my e-book place synched via Amazon's Whispersync. (As sometimes I'd read on one device, then log out and end up reading further later on another device.)

I am just off the Glory and IPaid for the wifi and after having used around 5 mins wirth of Internet but actually about an hour of time I went back to guest services to get a refund.

It was truly awful.

Honestly don't waste your money.

Did the Glory have the new wifi system they are trying out on the Breeze, Sunshine and Freedom?