VIFP Club Member Exclusive Offer Rate?

gem114

Hi all,

When my boyfriend booked our cruise for this summer, he chose the VIFP Club Member Exclusive Offer, which was the cheapest price at the time. I noticed today that the price of the cruise dropped a little, $30/pp, and I wondered if I called Carnival if they would honor it by giving us on-board credit. I know they do that for the Early Saver and other rates, but I wasn't sure about this one.

Any advice/experience?

Thanks!

You can switch over to the Early Saver rate to get this promo and any others that come up before time to payoff the cruise

This is correct, you can cancel your booking and rebook under ES to get the lower rate (my TA just did this for me). But, just know that any excursion you had booked will be automatically canceled and you will need to rebook. I just learned that the hard way. Which means you'll have to pay a second time and then wait for the refund from the first time you paid. You could wait to rebook until you get your refund, but then you risk losing your excursion if it gets sold out. If you have FTTF, that most likely will happen.

So here's our situation. We booked with the VIFP rate at $574 pp. The price has gone down again since I first posted this thread to $519. Total of $110 difference!

I called Carnival today, and the gentleman on the phone said he couldn't give us OBC because that only happens with Early Saver. I said, "Okay, what about a higher deck?" Moving up to the upper deck would only be $25 pp, a $50 upgrade total, which means I still lose $60, but it would be something. He said he couldn't find me a comparable room in the middle of the ship, which I call BS on because I was doing it online at the same time and I had a choice of about 10 different rooms on the upper deck at midship.

I'm frustrated. Last year we didn't have Early Saver (didn't know what it was--was our first Carnival cruise) and we had no trouble at all moving to a slightly better room when the price changed. I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to a different person.

So here's our situation. We booked with the VIFP rate at $574 pp. The price has gone down again since I first posted this thread to $519. Total of $110 difference!

I called Carnival today, and the gentleman on the phone said he couldn't give us OBC because that only happens with Early Saver. I said, "Okay, what about a higher deck?" Moving up to the upper deck would only be $25 pp, a $50 upgrade total, which means I still lose $60, but it would be something. He said he couldn't find me a comparable room in the middle of the ship, which I call BS on because I was doing it online at the same time and I had a choice of about 10 different rooms on the upper deck at midship.

I'm frustrated. Last year we didn't have Early Saver (didn't know what it was--was our first Carnival cruise) and we had no trouble at all moving to a slightly better room when the price changed. I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to a different person.

You can only accumulate OBC from price drops with an early saver booking. However you can get price drops where your balance due will simply be reduced. You said in your first post that your cruise is this Summer. When? Have you past your final payment date?

I've been catching pretty good price drops using a VIFP exclusive rate, but I originally booked early saver. So even after my final payment date passes, I will still be able to get price drops (in the form of obc) if they occur.

... You said in your first post that your cruise is this Summer. When? Have you past your final payment date?...

Threadstarter's signature shows cruise in July 2015 - so depending on what day in June (75 days out) threadstarter could be just past final payment date

We definitely haven't made our final payment yet, so hopefully we will be fine, thanks!

Threadstarter's signature shows cruise in July 2015 - so depending on what day in June (75 days out) threadstarter could be just past final payment date

Check above post

Plus they are sailing on Paradise,so final payment wouldn't be due until 61 days out.

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

Since you are before final payment, you can change the rate to the new rate and get the new price. Call and speak to someone else. If that doesn't work, cancel and rebook.

I suggest you call Carnival back until you find someone that will help you. Sometimes you just get a rep that won't. If you have not made final payment Carnival will adjust the amount you owe downward to the current price. If you have a particular cabin in mind that is the same category that you booked, ask for that specific cabin. Keep in mind though if the cabin will accommodate more passengers than you have currently booked, then they may not give you that cabin. You cannot get onboard credit if you did not book early saver rate. If you are past final payment date, then you can ask for an upgrade equal to the current price, but that is at Carnival's discretion and is not guaranteed. Good luck.

You need to call back and try again with a different CSR. I called once to request a room change and the guy insisted the room I wanted wasn't available even though I could see it online. I called back and the next person changed it for me with no problems.

Since you are before final payment, you can change the rate to the new rate and get the new price. Call and speak to someone else. If that doesn't work, cancel and rebook.

Yes! Just called and spoke with someone else and she had the new rate for us in less than two minutes! Got to keep our room and she just took $110 off our bill since we haven't payed yet. I'm currently on hold waiting to compliment her to a supervisor--want to make sure people get the recognition they deserve for good service!

Thanks, everyone, for encouraging me to call again! This worked out perfectly!