Price Protection Form

sjcruiser

I'd been watching a price drop of $50.00 for my cruise for the past couple of weeks. Final payment is in roughly a month. I decided today to call Carnival to see how to get the reduction in price applied to my account, which would leave me a balance of $24.00. Last year, the reduction or price difference was done instantly over the phone with a representative, but I guess now Carnival is pushing everyone to use the online form. Either way, is doesn't matter to me, I just have to wait and see if it goes through before I pay off the balance.

I'd been watching a price drop of $50.00 for my cruise for the past couple of weeks. Final payment is in roughly a month. I decided today to call Carnival to see how to get the reduction in price applied to my account, which would leave me a balance of $24.00. Last year, the reduction or price difference was done instantly over the phone with a representative, but I guess now Carnival is pushing everyone to use the online form. Either way, is doesn't matter to me, I just have to wait and see if it goes through before I pay off the balance.

In the time it took to submit the form, and reply to a couple of threads, the price drop was approved!!!!:):):):):)

I agree, that Carnival wants you to do this yourself now.

When I booked my upcoming cruise, my pvp said just call me and I will do it for you, but when I did, she said she can no longer do it for me, but she was great and walked me through the process on the phone. I bookmarked the price protection form, and when a second saving came up, I did it myself, and got a favorable response from Carnival in about an hour.

I am not sure I will do ES again though, because it is too labor intensive for me:D No kidding. But next year I will be retired, and can book a cruise closer to date of cruise, and will just be content with whatever price I book.

I agree that Carnival is really doing everything possible to make sure the form is completed. I have called for two price reductions. The first time, the representative walked me through the process on the phone, only to realize that the form could not be accessed via internet explorer, so she had to complete the price drop for me.

The second time I called, I told the representative that I was not near a computer but I wanted the price drop applied and she was really reluctant to apply it. She completed the form for me and said I would hear back soon. Then she said, okay, I'll just apply the price drop now.

Hopefully, I see more price drops. I will stop trying to resist the system and complete the form.