Just book our 1st cruise on the Triumph!

AprilJ

DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next June, so I have booked us out of NoLa on 6/6/16 for the 5day Western Caribbean cruise.

I booked a balcony on the Empress deck, hoping it will be quiet at night being between cabin only decks. I chose #7348, anyone have any experience in or around this stateroom they can share? Is this considered midship? I'm not overly concerned with sea sickness mainly because I've never been on a ship so I have no idea what to expect.

Any recommendations on where to stay the night before in New Orleans, not to expensive but maybe a little romantic?

I'm curious why there are no excursions available to book on Carnivals website, could just be a site issue I guess, will keep trying or call if no luck.

I've been reading all the helpful info on this site and trying to contain my excitement, lol, thanks in advance for your replies!

You're too early for excursions to be listed for your cruise:( Been on the Triumph a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Much of the bad press may have been a bit overblown. Can't help with the cabin. Both times we stayed in a balcony forward higher up. Have fun planning your trip.

Triumph is a really great ship with a wonderful crew and staff. The food and service is excellent. You have chosen a really great cabin location and it should be relatively quiet there. From your cabin, it's just 2 decks up to all the Lido activities and food, and it's 2 decks down to the shops and other entertainment. There's lots to do onboard and planning ahead is a big part of the fun. Search Carnival and other Web sites for deck plans and activities.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

NOLA is a great city and a lot of fun to visit! It also has a lot of quaint hotels in or near the Quarter. Any of these will only be a few minute drive to the port. I would suggest checking first with the NOLA port thread in the Ports of Call thread on CC. I know there are lots of "where do I stay" questions with good advice from other cruisers. If you like to eat, OGM!!! NOLA is paradise for those of us who like a good meal! Try Mother's on Tchoupitoulas for a great sub or red beans and rice, The Coffee Pot on St. Peter for the best bread pudding, and Cafe DuMond on Decatur for those world famous beignets and cafe au lait! Dang! Now I'm hungry!! :D

You're too early for excursions to be listed for your cruise:( Been on the Triumph a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Much of the bad press may have been a bit overblown. Can't help with the cabin. Both times we stayed in a balcony forward higher up. Have fun planning your trip.

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense, think the same applies on the spa services?

Triumph is a really great ship with a wonderful crew and staff. The food and service is excellent. You have chosen a really great cabin location and it should be relatively quiet there. From your cabin, it's just 2 decks up to all the Lido activities and food, and it's 2 decks down to the shops and other entertainment. There's lots to do onboard and planning ahead is a big part of the fun. Search Carnival and other Web sites for deck plans and activities.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I was hoping I picked well - thank you!!

NOLA is a great city and a lot of fun to visit! It also has a lot of quaint hotels in or near the Quarter. Any of these will only be a few minute drive to the port. I would suggest checking first with the NOLA port thread in the Ports of Call thread on CC. I know there are lots of "where do I stay" questions with good advice from other cruisers. If you like to eat, OGM!!! NOLA is paradise for those of us who like a good meal! Try Mother's on Tchoupitoulas for a great sub or red beans and rice, The Coffee Pot on St. Peter for the best bread pudding, and Cafe DuMond on Decatur for those world famous beignets and cafe au lait! Dang! Now I'm hungry!! :D

Will have to find the Ports of Call thread, thank you for the advice! Very much looking forward to some delicious eats and maybe a hurricane or 3 while in NOLA - hoping maybe to make Emerils for dinner and without a doubt having beignets from Café DuMond!

Join your roll call on CC for your cruise. You never know what else your fellow passengers may create as activities--Meet and Greet, Cabin Crawl, Slot Pull, etc. These things make for a great way to meet others and have some fun on your first sea day.

DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next June, so I have booked us out of NoLa on 6/6/16 for the 5day Western Caribbean cruise.

I booked a balcony on the Empress deck, hoping it will be quiet at night being between cabin only decks. I chose #7348, anyone have any experience in or around this stateroom they can share? Is this considered midship? I'm not overly concerned with sea sickness mainly because I've never been on a ship so I have no idea what to expect.

Any recommendations on where to stay the night before in New Orleans, not to expensive but maybe a little romantic?

I'm curious why there are no excursions available to book on Carnivals website, could just be a site issue I guess, will keep trying or call if no luck.

I've been reading all the helpful info on this site and trying to contain my excitement, lol, thanks in advance for your replies!

The Triumph (so far) has been my favorite ship. I liked the layout, especially the Lido pool area. We had a balcony on the Lido deck and it was fantastic, so I am sure your balcony room will be great.

As for an inexpensive hotel in NOLA, I don't think they exist - LOL. Be sure to consider the fee for parking when you are looking. (I think we had to pay $40/night.) There are several B&B's, so be sure to check those also. Hotels are considerably cheaper on the outskirts (Metairie, Houma, ect.) and most of those offer free parking. We booked our hotel early last year and I was glad I did because the rates almost doubled before our stay. (Better to book and cancel if you find a better deal than to not book and the rates go up.)

I just booked us yesterday for the Triumph on the October 5th sailing. I also booked a balcony on the Empress Deck. We will be sailing with my BFF and her family so it should be a great time.

We sailed out of NOLA last October on Elation. We ended up staying about an hour away because hotels were so high because of festivals being held on weekends in October. My inlaws stayed in the Garden District and they liked it. It also had parking included which many don't -- or have valet and you pay for it.

Good luck and happy sailing!

That end of the ship should be fairly quiet. We were in 7268 last week and it was right outside the main bank of elevators overlooking the Capitol Lobby/Bar. So loud at night! Deck 7 is great, though -- close to everything!

The triumph was our first cruise, was a blast!

It's been a while since I have been to New Orleans, but we stayed downtown somewhere like at a Double Tree or something similar, got it through name your own price and was around 100.00 - took a taxi to the port, was around 30.00, but now with Uber and Lyft around, may be a lot cheaper to just use one of them as opposed to the Taxi.

Make sure you consider hotels that offer transportation to and from the airport if you are flying in. If you are driving, find a hotel with free week long parking. And if you can find a decently priced hotel that offers shuttle service to the port, also something to consider - just make sure you don't overpay for the extras, like I said, a taxi or Uber ride is 30.00 one way

Congratulations! I sailed on the Triumph for my 1st Cruise as well. It was for our 22nd Anniversary. As I recall, I think we were on the 9th Deck. The Windjammer was up one flight from out Stateroom. We sailed a Repositioning cruise last year & it ended in NOLA. We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites. It was very reasonable. They also have parking for $25 per day. The Free Breakfast was very good. In the Evening at 5:30 they have a special in the Dining/Breakfast area that is also free. The food is enough to fill you for Dinner. Also includes 3 Free Drinks. The Hotel is across the street from the French Quarter & on the Trolley Line. It is also a few blocks away from the Superdome.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, its going to be a long 420 days!! =)

I was looking for hotels in NoLa today and I found a newly remodeled Comfort Inn in Metairie that offers breakfast and free parking for the week at about $134 (for this June). I found several other hotels closer to the FQ, which were much more expensive on their "park & cruise" packages.

If you are driving to NOLA, Google NOLA parking. There is one and I think it is Premier that costs about $7-8 per day with free shuttle to and from the port. The parking garage is one block over from the port and the trip takes all of about 5 minutes! We have parked there several times and always reserve via internet and drive up, hand them the receipt we print from the internet, and drive up and park! Very convenient!

If you are driving to NOLA, Google NOLA parking. There is one and I think it is Premier that costs about $7-8 per day with free shuttle to and from the port. The parking garage is one block over from the port and the trip takes all of about 5 minutes! We have parked there several times and always reserve via internet and drive up, hand them the receipt we print from the internet, and drive up and park! Very convenient!

Wonder if we could park there for the 2 nights before the cruise that we plan to spend in the FQ and save that $30+ per night hotel parking?!?