Liberty embarkation day food/lunch?

What is served at the pizza place and the café for lunch that's included? Can you order a drink from them? Thanks

There is a bar at Cafe Promenade that serves drinks.

Cafe Promenade also serves small sandwiches, wraps, fruit, and desserts.

Edited by clarea

I guess the pizza place just offers pizza?

Sorrento's had different types of pizza, 2 types of sandwiches, 2 or 3 types of bread and 3 to 4 different types of desserts. All were different from what the Café Promenade offered.

When you order something that there is an upcharge or charge for, how will you know? Are they clear on what's included? I don't want to end up with any surprises on my bill at the end of the trip! Thanks so much!

When you order something that there is an upcharge or charge for, how will you know? Are they clear on what's included? I don't want to end up with any surprises on my bill at the end of the trip! Thanks so much!

You will get a bill at the time they give you the drink with a non-zero balance.

Edited by clarea

Everything that has a charge is pretty well labeled.

They will ask for your room key if there is a charge. Typically your room card is linked to a debit card or credit card.

What about a barbecue around the pool deck, do they ever do that on embarkation day, if it's nice weather?

Anoher poster mentioned BBQ ribs being cooked on the deck during the sea day. I doubt that would be on embarkation day. From experience I find the WJ busy but manageable. I've always have found seating for 3. Remember to walk into the place and hit the buffets in the back. Same food, less line.

We just do a LATE breakfast, so we can skip the whole feeding frenzy....we'll get a snack around 3 or so, if we need it!

This!!! I wait until my room is ready to board, have already had a late breakfast and after I put my carry ons down in the room, head up to the WJ and no problems at all.

It might be best to plan to eat someplace other than the Windjammer on the 6th of May cruise out of New Jersey between 3 & 4 on embark. day. There is approx. 80 members of a meet and mingle group informaly gathering there between 3 & 4 so they will take up a pretty big space in a crowded space already. Just a heads-up.