Carnival Cruise to Nowhere

nccruzencouple

Looking at booking a 2 night cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk next month. Anyone been on one of these. Never been on Carnival before. Port is close to us, 3.5 hours driving time, looking for a us weekend just the 2 of us. Is the partying more than normal on these no destination cruises. Assume not many kids on these.

Thanks in advance

I am looking at one as well, my daughter has never been on a ship with the spa amenities, this allows us to go together without the charming 3 grandsons. Dad will have that duty for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of our cruise. Looking for information about them as well. Activities, shows? I have been on the ship for two 7 day, but don't know what a two nighter will be like.

I'd love to know more about the cruises to nowhere as I'm booked on the Breeze CTN in December 2016. I think we carry our own bags on and off, but that's about it for what I've heard. Not like we'll need a lot of luggage for a cruise of this length. Would love to know about any other differences as far as entertainment, dining venues, etc.

We did a 2 day cruise out of Long Beach last December. Wasn't quite a CTN because we went to Ensenada.

It had the same vibe as other short holiday cruises out Long Beach. Same entertainment, etc.

YMMV.

Vast majority of pax carried their luggage. Numbers 2-15 weren't called until almost 9:00, then everyone else a few minutes later.

Excellent time to get to self debark.

Edited by SadieN

We just booked one. We're taking 16 y/o DD with us. It'll be her first cruise.

I've heard these are booze cruises, but our roll call has some grandparents bringing grand kids, etc. We're doing early seating for dinner and have her signed up for Club O2, so hopefully we'll give her a good taste of cruising and have a lot of fun.

I'd love to know more about the cruises to nowhere as I'm booked on the Breeze CTN in December 2016. I think we carry our own bags on and off, but that's about it for what I've heard. Not like we'll need a lot of luggage for a cruise of this length. Would love to know about any other differences as far as entertainment, dining venues, etc.

If you booked Early Saver they are now offering an OBC. I called & received the $30 OBC for this little cruise. We have never done a CTN so are looking forward to a nice week-end.

If you booked Early Saver they are now offering an OBC. I called & received the $30 OBC for this little cruise. We have never done a CTN so are looking forward to a nice week-end.

Thanks. I'll check out the OBC. We're looking on it as a chance to see a new ship, and get away, even if only for a couple of days. A lot of people are complaining about the price in some other threads, but if you figure in what you get for those 2 days as far as free meals, free entertainment, etc, it works out to be roughly the same price as a nice resort on land for a weekend.

Thanks. I'll check out the OBC. We're looking on it as a chance to see a new ship, and get away, even if only for a couple of days. A lot of people are complaining about the price in some other threads, but if you figure in what you get for those 2 days as far as free meals, free entertainment, etc, it works out to be roughly the same price as a nice resort on land for a weekend.

You are so right. Charlie & I did the numbers a long time ago & we can easily cruise for the same price as a week-end in Galveston. I do hope they do some more CTN...easy to get off work for those.