Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

Jeff, what can I say, you are so good at reviews. You and a few others on here make the rest of us seem as if we're right there with you. I love your pictures. Ryan looks like he had a blast at Senor Frogs!! Keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep reading along. I'll be waiting for your next review in a couple of months. Be Blessed!!

Thanks so much for your kind words, and we're happy to have you following along. Kudos go out to my wife Patti, as she takes MOST of the pictures you see. She has a great eye, that's for sure!! :) Stay tuned for our next adventure on the Splendor!

Thanks for coming along with us yet again!! We thought that Ryan might be a little bored because he's in that in between age. Boy were we wrong!! :D

I would highly recommend the Pride to everyone, but try to avoid that "other" itinerary.

How old is Ryan? How old do you have to be to drink on the ship? My niece is going with us and she is 18 and has dual citizenship Italy/US...in Italy she can drink...not here and I am assuming not on the ship!

How old is Ryan? How old do you have to be to drink on the ship? My niece is going with us and she is 18 and has dual citizenship Italy/US...in Italy she can drink...not here and I am assuming not on the ship!

Ryan is 18. he could gamble on the ship, but not drink since the drinking age is 21. On the islands the drinking age was 18.

Those are awesome photos, and precious moments between you and your Son. Thank you for sharing them with us. He looks like he really enjoyed himself ;)

Thanks for reading!! Ryan said that this was his best cruise ever!!

Great review, thank you so much for sharing.

Would you happen to have the ability to scan the FunTimes? We will be on her on 5/24 and we'd love to see the daily activities. This is going to be our "stay on board" cruise -- relaxed and laid back!! :D

Take a bow for that splendid review, Jamman!

I've been researching CC's for my son & his friends, and you've convinced me to go on one myself. Felt like I was travelling right along with you...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Hi Jeff, I loved this review because you covered just about anything anyone needs to know. We will be taking our first Pride cruise on 11-15-15. We will be doing, 'that other itinerary,' but it will be just fine for us. Since we are not beach people and are somewhat limited by husband's mobility issues, we are flexible about staying on the ship or getting off. On our recent Freedom cruise, we stayed on the ship at Grand Turk for those reasons.

Even though we live in Delaware and can be at the port in less than two hours, we've always cruised from FL. We are anxious to do the short drive this time. I'm so glad you posted photos of the parking lot so that we could see just how close the handicapped parking is. We have FTTF again and also have a handicapped cabin for the first time. (7260 with the extended balcony,) so we are thrilled on both counts. Having sailed the Legend and the Miracle, we love the Spirit class ships. I can't wait to plop myself down by a porthole in the Sunset Garden. I LOVE those hidden treasures.

I love Patti's photos. I'm happy for Ryan's new computer, what a fantastic way to be reminded of his favorite cruise. Thanks again for sharing your family trip with each of us. I'll do the same after our cruise.

One non-Pride question for you. Do you have to change the font size and color each time you write a post ? It is so easy to read your reviews because of those factors. I like to write a review each time we cruise, but I never knew if they was a way to make the process more simple.

Looking forward to your next review and I, too, do hope that someday we will be on the same ship at the same time !

Thanks so much for your fabulous review! We will be visiting HMC for the first time in September. Patti's photos were so great! They will help us have an idea of what to expect. Can't wait for your next review . . . would love to sail with you and your wonderful family some day!

Great review, thank you so much for sharing.

Would you happen to have the ability to scan the FunTimes? We will be on her on 5/24 and we'd love to see the daily activities. This is going to be our "stay on board" cruise -- relaxed and laid back!! :D

Thank you so much for reading! My scanner has been acting up lately, but I know that Mitsugirly had them in her review.

Take a bow for that splendid review, Jamman!

I've been researching CC's for my son & his friends, and you've convinced me to go on one myself. Felt like I was travelling right along with you...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Thank you very much!! That's the effect we are looking for, taking everyone with us on a virtual cruise!

Hi Jeff, I loved this review because you covered just about anything anyone needs to know. We will be taking our first Pride cruise on 11-15-15. We will be doing, 'that other itinerary,' but it will be just fine for us. Since we are not beach people and are somewhat limited by husband's mobility issues, we are flexible about staying on the ship or getting off. On our recent Freedom cruise, we stayed on the ship at Grand Turk for those reasons.

Even though we live in Delaware and can be at the port in less than two hours, we've always cruised from FL. We are anxious to do the short drive this time. I'm so glad you posted photos of the parking lot so that we could see just how close the handicapped parking is. We have FTTF again and also have a handicapped cabin for the first time. (7260 with the extended balcony,) so we are thrilled on both counts. Having sailed the Legend and the Miracle, we love the Spirit class ships. I can't wait to plop myself down by a porthole in the Sunset Garden. I LOVE those hidden treasures.

I love Patti's photos. I'm happy for Ryan's new computer, what a fantastic way to be reminded of his favorite cruise. Thanks again for sharing your family trip with each of us. I'll do the same after our cruise.

One non-Pride question for you. Do you have to change the font size and color each time you write a post ? It is so easy to read your reviews because of those factors. I like to write a review each time we cruise, but I never knew if they was a way to make the process more simple.

Looking forward to your next review and I, too, do hope that someday we will be on the same ship at the same time !

Thanks for following along, and for your kind words. We have done that "other" itinerary ourselves and had a great time, just think they can offer better.

I do take the extra time on each post to increase the font size, and darken the color to make it easier to read. As I get older, my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I figure a lot of people are in the same boat.(so to speak!) :)

Maybe one day our paths will cross. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride!!

Thanks so much for your fabulous review! We will be visiting HMC for the first time in September. Patti's photos were so great! They will help us have an idea of what to expect. Can't wait for your next review . . . would love to sail with you and your wonderful family some day!

Thank you for following along!! You will LOVE HMC!! As good as Patti's photos are, being there can't be beat!! Enjoy!!

Just WOW! Pictures were absolutely wonderful and the story line was informative and leaving you with wanting more!!! Thank you for your time in doing such an awesome review!

Thank you so much for reading!!

Thanks for coming along with us yet again!! We thought that Ryan might be a little bored because he's in that in between age. Boy were we wrong!! :D

I would highly recommend the Pride to everyone, but try to avoid that "other" itinerary.

That is what touches my heart the most about you guys...you all have a way of doing your own thing time and comming back together,,,your story is always what is so great about Carnival, cruising as a family and those close ups of the three of you at different times say it all. We have a lot of pictures from Mom's will not say no everyone going to Hawaii for her 50th trip.

I can visualize how much trouble you guys have for picking the ones for the wall...like I can for several families and friends here that just melt me..

You guys knocked the ball park out on these...I think the whole thing inspired me on a redo of that time...for my wall..you can do so many neat displays...

Dad and I had a neat time knocking out the yard together...thought of you all....and Wrigley...can't move much today...LOL..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks so much again Sarah! I think my favorite Diamond perk is the get together with the Captain. I've cruised three times now as a Diamond member, and my new favorite pastime is "collecting" Captains!! :D

LOL "Collecting Captains"...that is neat....that is a very special cool thing...my family are all educators except for dad and moi...but boy is dad a story teller..having just lived through the two guys that got stuck with us and the "pool"..lol...otherwise know as..NOT HMC!!!!! See where it comes from???? The cool thing is being around "people" people and that is what Carnival does above everything...that is a very good choice for that Diamond perk for Carnival in my book...xo to all of you..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

LOL "Collecting Captains"...that is neat....that is a very special cool thing...my family are all educators except for dad and moi...but boy is dad a story teller..having just lived through the two guys that got stuck with us and the "pool"..lol...otherwise know as..NOT HMC!!!!! See where it comes from???? The cool thing is being around "people" people and that is what Carnival does above everything...that is a very good choice for that Diamond perk for Carnival in my book...xo to all of you..Sarah

maybe they should sell Bobble-Head Captains in the Fun Shops. Then you can really collect them.

Looking forward to the Pride again in January, we are on that "Other" itinerary, but we have done it before, and like since we are taking the kids this time (19 & 9) we want to go someplace we have been before. we did the same thing out of New Orleans to Cozumel about 10 years ago.

We ar getting on the Vista for the Repo, NYC to Miami, next NOV (2016). Really looking forward to that cruise. Hope to be Platinum as well some day, decided we are CCL for Life now, and will be cruising at least once a year from this point forward.

Great Review. :)

maybe they should sell Bobble-Head Captains in the Fun Shops. Then you can really collect them.

Looking forward to the Pride again in January, we are on that "Other" itinerary, but we have done it before, and like since we are taking the kids this time (19 & 9) we want to go someplace we have been before. we did the same thing out of New Orleans to Cozumel about 10 years ago.

We ar getting on the Vista for the Repo, NYC to Miami, next NOV (2016). Really looking forward to that cruise. Hope to be Platinum as well some day, decided we are CCL for Life now, and will be cruising at least once a year from this point forward.

Great Review. :)

Thanks for reading!! Enjoy your cruise on the Pride!