Canceling Carnival trip insurance question

theriac

So I always get insurance when I travel, but never with the cruise line. I'm going to Alaska in June and I just checked and it appears I purchased Carinvals insurance program. Online it says I can remove it, but I'm curious when does this have to be done by because I am past final payment. Does anyone know if this becomes OBC or does it get refunded to the payment. I'm just seeing if anyone has ever had experience in cancelling Carnivals insurance. I really don't need it since I've purchased privately as well.

As always thanks to those who can answer my question.

I always purchase the insurance. Better safe than sorry.

Did you not read my post? I stated I purchased privately as well. This was a pack and play offer and there wasn't much of a difference in paying $506.50 or $604.50. So I accidentally selected Carnivals subpar insurance along the way.

Regardless, again, I saw that this isn't even an issue as I've passed final payment.

Can you cancel the private insurance you purchased? Or change the date this insurance is going to cover?

That will not be an option - Insurance is non refundable after purchased. But you may be able to change the date if you have another trip planned. Some companies are easier to deal with Vs others.

Edited by disfan13

Our PVP is always wanting to add on Carnival's travel insurance. He always asks why I decline it and I am quite frank with him about the terribly low (in my opinion) medical coverage. One in my traveling party has the potential for significant medical problems at any time, so we opt for the private insurance with higher medical coverage. Maybe someday he will get the message and stop asking me to purchase it.

Our PVP is always wanting to add on Carnival's travel insurance. He always asks why I decline it and I am quite frank with him about the terribly low (in my opinion) medical coverage. One in my traveling party has the potential for significant medical problems at any time, so we opt for the private insurance with higher medical coverage. Maybe someday he will get the message and stop asking me to purchase it.

Can I ask which company you use?

Can I ask which company you use?

I do my research on insuremytripdotcom. Lately Nationwide has come up with the best medical coverage for the best prices in my opinion. $75,000 medical per person and $250,000 medical evacuation, plus all the other stuff such as baggage delay, etc.

This happened to us this last Pride cruise.

I bought the cruise while on board & it was like three weeks out.

When I got home & started looking she had added it, I have a yearly travel plan that covers us. Maybe not enough but have used it twice in the last year for Lar. So we were double covered that cruise & had to cancel. :eek:

$520.00 for both of us Allianz for a year & yes they do pay :D I got the check to prove it.

Char