OK, So Trent...

sparky3229

I hope I can get this all out to make sense, since it certainly rolls around in my head and "the committee" .

We are flying into Maimi Nov 19 for Nov 20 cruise. We land at 7 PM. I figure we get downtown to a hotel by 8 PM. I have been trying to hit pricline for Hyatt downtown but nothing yet. (have it for post cruise).

I am trying to decide whether to stay at an airport hotel instead or make it to downtown that evening. I know its just a matter of "do we make the longer drive from the airport to the pier or go downtown and just have a short drive the next day?" :confused: Downtown is closer to getting dinner when we land. The airport is closer since we are landing a bit late and maybe should just settle in. The Holiday Inn across from Bayside is more in my price range if I don't hit priceline. I am not asking for any hotel help...you have been fab on this over and over again. I can pull up those threads. Just...airport or downtown???

What is up with what I have been reading about a Carnival rep at the Hyatt on Sunday morning? My TA didn't know about this. Could we walk over from the Holiday Inn to see this rep? What actually can that rep do at that location?

Thanks so much in advance for any info you can share with me---I know it's all subjective!:)

Well it's only 15-20 minutes from the airport to downtown Miami (and 10 minutes to the nicer airport hotels), personally I'd just go downtown and if you wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn, it's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace so that's easy enough to go across and have dinner there.

I don't know about the Carnival rep at the Hyatt. In the past when I've stayed at hotels with cruise line reps they've been able to check you in, and direct you to the busses to the port (which they charge for), but it's been a while since I've come across that and it wasn't Carnival so I don't know if that's what they're doing there or not. If you're not going to be staying at the Hyatt though it's a long walk over there from the Holiday Inn. I wouldn't bother, I'd just get a cab to the pier at 11am or so and check in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well SH*T:( (Pardon my french). I just found out that the Hyatt, which I ASSUMED I would eventually hit on Priceline only has a few exp. suites left. I also found out that the Holiday Inn is sold out for my night (Nov 19). Now I know that either place may release rooms closer to my date but I certainly need to have a backup reservatiuon. Trent, I know the 2 places you really like are too exp. for me. I would love to get away with no more than $90 ish incl tax for that night. Any suggestions? I guess I also thought that the Bayside market would be good to be near for food, but not a neccesity. Maybe the airport idea is looking good for me at 4 star priceline? But then I can't cancel last minute if something closer comes up-but that would be OK.:confused:

Ugh, that's gonna' be tough! That's the beginning of Thanksgiving week and it's packed down here. You can keep trying Priceline, but I'd hate to see you get stuck with a dump around the airport. There are a few nice places out there, but many that aren't. I just checked the decent places around the airport as well as downtown for that date and everything's either full or more than $90/night.

The downtown Miami Marriott Courtyard has rooms at $119, that might be your best bet, and it's just across the street from the Hyatt... http://www.miamicourtyard.com/

In the airport area the MIA airport Hilton has "net direct" rooms at $134... http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIAAHHH

Trent, thank you so much for those suggestions. Due to holiday week starting then, (and my big FIVE O :eek: ) I know I may need to pay more. What I would like to do is make a reservation that I can cancel within 24-72 hrs, and then keep trying with priceline. So I will check these out. I appreciate you also taking the time to research my specific dates. I know you keep answering the same (or similar) questions for everybody over and over again, so I appreciate the time.

Well there are only 2 downtown hotels it's safe to walk to Bayside from, the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental. From any other downtown hotel, take a taxi to be safe. The Marriott Courtyard is across the street from the Hyatt Regency, less than a 5 minute cab ride to Bayside Marketplace.

Archived