Navigatior D1 or aft Jr. Suite? Worth the $?

jswrpw83

I've just been offered an aft Jr. Suite that sleeps three instead of my D1 Balcony cabin. It's the first cruise for myself, DH and youngest child (11). Unfortunately, the T/A's discounted rates are no longer in effect and it will cost an extra $974 for us to upgrade. (Our trip is April 1: during spring break)

We have room #7652, and the aft room would be #7394. I know I'll love looking at the water, but is it really that great to be looking at the wake all the time? Does anyone have pictures of #7394? Think it has chaise lounges instead of just chairs, and maybe a full size table so I don't have to buy the collapseable roll-a-table? I'd love any advice or pictures!

Thanks,

Joan :rolleyes:

Bonnie:

Thanks for sharing the great collection of pictures. I don't think I'd like the aft cabin #7394. All that framework extended beyond the balcony railing would make me feel a little 'cagey'. I would love the cabins on the end that wrap around so you have some direct air over the ocean. Does that make sense? I'm pretty disappointed...

Joan

Joan, it makes very good sense. Many folks share your feelings. The aft/corner balconies are awesome and the aft balconies on the higher decks are also awesome and don't have the structural obstruction to peer through as much as on decks 6 and 7. The balconies are all huge as you can see in the photos. I have been fortunate that I have always been able to obtain a balcony on the corner of Deck 10. It is a D1 cabin that is the size of a junior suite. I love the larger cabin and certainly love the huge balcony, but the thing I like best about sailing in an aft cabin is watching the wake. For me, is the best part of all. I find the wake to be almost mesmorizing. I love to sit and stare at all the churned up colors of blue. It is very peaceful. The sunset is amazing looking out across the wake. Hopefully you will get some feedback from passengers who have actually stayed in a Junior Suite cabin on deck 7 aft and they can clue you in as to whether or not the visual obstruction is that big of a problem or not and whether it would be worth the money to upgrade. Certainly, it would not truly BE an "upgrade" if you didn't like it! It would just be an expensive "downgrade"! Good luck.

I would keep the cabin that you have, that seems like alot of money for a cabin that you might not like. Use the money for some other adventure that you might like to do. We had room 1692(aft cabin on deck 10) although we like it, I don't know if we would book it again. Great balcony and view, but I think I would rather have a side balcony on a lower deck and save a few dollars for something else. Just my opinion, have a good trip. KMBB

Archived