Anthem on her way

I posted these pictures in another thread, so thought I would treat you people to them as well, seeing that Anthem is HOMEPORTED in Southampton, not New York or New Jersey as mentioned earlier. She was always going to be British until China wanted Quantum, so I'm glad I'm doing 2 cruises on her before she goes stateside. Might go to Oz for Ovation if the cruises are going to the ports I want.

Captain Claus Andersen has docked and giving a thumbs up.

CCnXsJAWYAA0dEz.jpg:large

Tug boat spray with rainbow

CCnReumW4AIZ4Mi.jpg

In the English channel this morning

CCnMYEKWEAEPvrU.jpg:large

More rainbow sprays from behind

CCo9m-nWgAEXU1B.jpg:large

I still remember my father taking me to Southampton to see the Queens and the SS United States, what a sight :)

You early cruisers need to take and post lots of balcony and cabin pics. I'm interested in just how obstructed the category D0 might be.

I still remember my father taking me to Southampton to see the Queens and the SS United States, what a sight :)

You early cruisers need to take and post lots of balcony and cabin pics. I'm interested in just how obstructed the category D0 might be.

HI PSPERCY WHAT YEAR DID YOUR FATHER TAKE YOU OVER THE POND TO SEE THE QUEEN,S YES THEY WERE GRAND AND THE SS UNITED STATES FASTEST SHIP ON THE NORTH ATLANTIC :eek:

HI PSPERCY WHAT YEAR DID YOUR FATHER TAKE YOU OVER THE POND TO SEE THE QUEEN,S YES THEY WERE GRAND AND THE SS UNITED STATES FASTEST SHIP ON THE NORTH ATLANTIC :eek:

I grew up in Surrey ! We saw the United States when she'd won the Blue Riband. It must've made quite an impression, I was very small then!

I grew up in Surrey ! We saw the United States when she'd won the Blue Riband. It must've made quite an impression, I was very small then!

Hi pspercy yes the United states would take 3-DAYS-10 HOURS i served on the old QUEEN MARY for 3 years and she would take at norm cruising speed 4 days 17 hrs were to day QM2 takes 7 days i think what happend to the old ss AMERICA another super old girl reg,s HOWARD :)

Hi pspercy thanks for that bygone years, getting back to ANTHEM yes iam retired but work with the cruise ships in SOUTHAMPTON transferring passenger,s to the ship from the car park we are very busy 22nd on her maiden down to spain and portugal and then waiting for her smaller sister EXPLORER O T S next year we have NAVIGATOR and the INDY HOWARD

Hi - I am boarding Anthem tomorrow, for a sneak preview of the ship for 2 nights, I am really excited, this will be my first look at a Royal Caribbean ship, having previously sailed Celebrity, and Fred Olsen. Looking forward to sky diving, and cocktails in the North Star!

Edited by louise1809

I just hope she is in a better condition than Quantum of the Seas was when she first sailed. She was definitely not ready for sailing, loads of things not working, the crew were not trained properly, (not sure if they are now, from what I read) in fact not enough crew. Hopefully with the introduction of Classic dining along with Dynamic Dining there won't be so many bad reviews about the dining. However even this won't address the quality of the food.

Edited by merlindog22
spelling

I just hope she is in a better condition than Quantum of the Seas was when she first sailed. She was definitely not ready for sailing, loads of things not working, the crew were not trained properly, (not sure if they are now, from what I read) in fact not enough crew. Hopefully with the introduction of Classic dining along with Dynamic Dining there won't be so many bad reviews about the dining. However even this won't address the quality of the food.

They will have learned from any mistakes on Quantum, but that said, I had no problems with Dynamic Dining and it was fantastic food, just often a little cool.

The food was bland, no taste, and it was nearly always cold. Yes we brought it up with the wait staff, they would replace it, but the replacement was as bad if not worse than the original. In the end we just gave up and went to the windjammer, but that was the same nearly everyday.

The food was bland, no taste, and it was nearly always cold. Yes we brought it up with the wait staff, they would replace it, but the replacement was as bad if not worse than the original. In the end we just gave up and went to the windjammer, but that was the same nearly everyday.

What sailing was this? I found the main restaurant food to be superb while the Windjammer was actually lacking!