Boarding Princess in FLL, dock 2

geomapper

I seem to recall another thread where the discussion seemed to indicate that if you arrived at the port around 10:30 you could get inside to wait but if you waited till 11:00 or after you may have to wait outside. Has anyone experienced this?

We like to arrive early and wait but I'd rather not have to stand outside.

Thanks

I seem to recall another thread where the discussion seemed to indicate that if you arrived at the port around 10:30 you could get inside to wait but if you waited till 11:00 or after you may have to wait outside. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Two weeks ago, we dropped the car off about 10:20 and hopped on the shuttle to the port. We got there between 10:30 and 10:45. The doors were just opened as we walked up to the terminal. We were inside in less than 5 minutes and we got through security, health screening and checkin in less than 30 minutes and were sitting in the terminal waiting to board by 11:15. Boarding started about 11:50.

Thanks

I think if you wait until after 11:00 there is a good chance you will be outside.

We always try and get there by 10:30.

On March 29 we arrived at terminal 2 at about 10:45. People were outside with their luggage to be picked up AFTER their cruise. Our luggage was taken right away and we went in and got in a short Platinum line. After check in, we were sitting for about 10 minutes, then boarded, went to our cabin and were eating in Horizon by 11:45. I don't think anyone had much of a wait.

On March 29 we arrived at terminal 2 at about 10:45. People were outside with their luggage to be picked up AFTER their cruise. Our luggage was taken right away and we went in and got in a short Platinum line. After check in, we were sitting for about 10 minutes, then boarded, went to our cabin and were eating in Horizon by 11:45. I don't think anyone had much of a wait.

When you arrive early & If you are elite you are sent to a room with refreshments & allowed in first which is usually 1145am, Plat is allowed in early but must wait along with everyone in the main area until the usual time of 1145 to begin boarding. This has been the normal in the last year or so.