Boarding the Dream in New Orleans question

NOLA Cruzier

My family and I are set to to sail on the Dream in 40 days (May 24, 2015)which is taking to long to get here. The question I have is our boarding pass states that boarding for us is at 1:30pm. If we arrive at the port earlier will we be allowed to board or will we have to wait? If so how early can we arrive? FTTF is currently sold out (which is a bummer) and has been for more than a year now! Thanks in advance

Oh man. Newbies!:rolleyes:

Just giving you a hard time. Don't worry about the "blanket statement letter" that they send out to everybody. Just get to the port when you want. Don't go earlier than 10:00 or so, but when you get there, just follow the heard.....or crowd, to the trough.........or, I mean, registration desks and start having fun with the rest of the cattle.......(Opps, I did it again), or I mean passengers.

Enjoy your vacation.

I try to be pulling into the parking garage at 10:30.

Sometimes it is a bit later, but no worries.

Bring a book and some crackers just in case there is a wait, but it is unlikely.

I used to believe that stuff about 1:30.

And I got stuck in some horrible lines.

Actually I learned on here to get there earlier.

I had the same question! Ignore it and arrive to port when you want. We got there about 11 that morning and the lines were long but I was glad we got there when we did because they were only boarding Platinum/Diamond/FTTF so a lot of people were sitting around waiting for their zone number to be called. By the time we got through the line, which wasn't a long time, they had started allowing everyone on board so we walked out of line and right onto the ship. So arrive around 11 and you should be fine, any earlier and you may have to sit and wait a bit to get on the ship unless you have FTTF.

• 2 months later...

We've always gotten there around 11:00am or so too. We would check out of the hotel and head straight there (we normally stay a night or 2 in New Orleans before the cruise). Sometimes you have to wait and they give you a boarding number, but we've never waited an absurd amount of time. Once we didn't wait at all and got to go straight on!

My experiences are as follows:

1. Arrive around 10:00am... wait an hour and a half to board (mostly sitting)

2. Arrive around 11:30am... wait an hour and a half to board (mostly standing)

3. Arrive around 1:30pm... almost walk right on board

It all depends on your propensity for waiting, your morning-of arrival limitations (i.e. hotel check-out) and how important it is for you to be on board as early as possible.

My experiences are as follows:

1. Arrive around 10:00am... wait an hour and a half to board (mostly sitting)

2. Arrive around 11:30am... wait an hour and a half to board (mostly standing)

3. Arrive around 1:30pm... almost walk right on board

It all depends on your propensity for waiting, your morning-of arrival limitations (i.e. hotel check-out) and how important it is for you to be on board as early as possible.

Was this for New Orleans?

• 4 weeks later...