Aft, middle, or front? Any big differences?

no1volman

We've been looking at taking the 5 day from Jacksonville on the Fascination. My daughter wants to bring a friend, so I would like to have 2 rooms side by side. I called Carnival this morning and I have 2 options for midship. They have 2 ocean view rooms with a joining door on the Riviera deck (6D), or I can get 2 ocean view rooms side by side (no joining door between) on deck 6 (6B, upper). The upper level room is a little more money, but it also comes with on board credit. So it's basically a wash. I prefer the joining door so it's easier to keep an eye on my daughter. But I'm not sure I want to be that low. Just makes for longer elevator rides or more steps. What do you guys think?

I don't know how old your daughter and her friend are but as a parent, I would opt for the adjoining door and not worry what deck it is on. The parents of the other child may appreciate this as well.

JMHO.

JMHO.....

We've been looking at taking the 5 day from Jacksonville on the Fascination. My daughter wants to bring a friend, so I would like to have 2 rooms side by side. I called Carnival this morning and I have 2 options for midship. They have 2 ocean view rooms with a joining door on the Riviera deck (6D), or I can get 2 ocean view rooms side by side (no joining door between) on deck 6 (6B, upper). The upper level room is a little more money, but it also comes with on board credit. So it's basically a wash. I prefer the joining door so it's easier to keep an eye on my daughter. But I'm not sure I want to be that low. Just makes for longer elevator rides or more steps. What do you guys think?

In your situation, I'd opt for the adjoining door. The previous poster had it right - the other parent may greatly appreciate this.

If you, or anyone you're traveling with, has a disability, I can certainly understand your concern in longer elevator rides, etc. However, I find that I like being further from the action - it forces me to do more walking (after all that FOOD!) and it is quieter at night. But, that's just me. We're all different. 😀

No matter what you pick, you'll have a wonderful cruise!

We took our first cruise last year and was a little worried about sea sickness. So we stayed midship because of so many recommendations on here about it having less movement. My daughter and I also took Bonine just to be safe. So we obviously didn't have any sickness issues. Now we're looking to take our 2nd cruise and I've been somewhat obsessed with staying midship. But I'm wondering if I'm over reacting a little bit. Is there really that much difference staying in the front or rear? Sometimes when looking at cruises I'll let Carnival pick my room for me and it will occasionally put me in the very rear or the very front. Any issues with either of those options?

I have never been in an aft room so cannot comment in that regard. I have stayed a few times in midship interior, and once midship OV, and twice far forward.

For me, the midship Ocean View, and inside cabins were the least motion. I did feel significant motion the one time in a port hole room far forward, but it was tolerable and actually enjoyable for me. It was just some gentle rocking. Last cruise was a 4j, far forward on deck 7, and hardly felt any motion at all, but just that gentle rocking a couple of nights. I am not prone to sea sickness however.

Still my favorite room yet was midship, riviera deck on Liberty. Just my experience.

I also think that depending on where you cruise, there may be more or less movement depending on seas. If it is a Canada New England cruise, could be rougher seas. The one thing about forward rooms that might be bothersome is that you hear some loud noises while docking in ports of call early mornings.

This did not bother me though, because I am an early riser anyway.

If you have a choice, stick with midship, you cant go wrong there. Have a great cruise.:)

I love the forward cabins... and the ones on the bow that face forward! I fell in love with them after taking Nana on cruises and this is where many of the fully accessible cabins are for persons with disabilities. Yes, I think this has the most feeling of motion -- but after all, we are SAILING!! And that's the feeling I go for!!! The Sea Days, when the wind blows directly into my face, my hair is a mess, and sometimes having to hang on to the railing the winds are so strong!!

Sailing. Maybe even the spray of the sea in my mouth and on my face. (I always bring moisturizer.) I can just feel the force of Mother Nature forever on my face!!!

Now for seasickness-avoidance... yes, central central. Mid ship, mid level! Balcony for the availability of fresh air whenever you need it face, and the view to only see the horizon. Giving you a stable and far away permanence to calm your brain when it's seasick!

I don't know how old your daughter and her friend are but as a parent, I would opt for the adjoining door and not worry what deck it is on. The parents of the other child may appreciate this as well.

JMHO.

JMHO.....

My daughter and her friend will both be 13. As of right now, we're going to go with the adjoining rooms. My wife will feel better that way, even though she's really torn because she would much rather stay up higher. I'm definitely up for the quieter area though.

I've only had major sea sickness once and that was a porthole cabin, far forward. Never again! We have booked midship or as close as possible to midship since and have been fine. Odcassionally, I'll take a Bonine if the seas get rough, but nothing compared to that one cruise.

We took our first cruise last year and was a little worried about sea sickness. So we stayed midship because of so many recommendations on here about it having less movement. My daughter and I also took Bonine just to be safe. So we obviously didn't have any sickness issues. Now we're looking to take our 2nd cruise and I've been somewhat obsessed with staying midship. But I'm wondering if I'm over reacting a little bit. Is there really that much difference staying in the front or rear? Sometimes when looking at cruises I'll let Carnival pick my room for me and it will occasionally put me in the very rear or the very front. Any issues with either of those options?

If you have any possibility of getting seasick, I'd suggest you continue to stay midship. Better to be safe than sorry.

I called back tonight to finalize my booking. She actually found some adjoining rooms on deck 6 (which my wife liked better). It's going to be rooms U57 and U59. I'm actually going from a category 6B to a 6C, and I got it for about $20 cheaper. According to the deck plans I saw online, these rooms are considered forward rooms. But it's the first rooms coming from midship to be considered forward. So hopefully they won't be too bad.

I called back tonight to finalize my booking. She actually found some adjoining rooms on deck 6 (which my wife liked better). It's going to be rooms U57 and U59. I'm actually going from a category 6B to a 6C, and I got it for about $20 cheaper. According to the deck plans I saw online, these rooms are considered forward rooms. But it's the first rooms coming from midship to be considered forward. So hopefully they won't be too bad.

Good deal! 👍 I've always wondered if the forward and aft cabins, situated right off mid-ship, act like mid-ship rooms.