Breakaway Aft Rooms - Noise?

captaincaiti

My family is thinking of booking one of the aft rooms on the breakaway, on deck nine. They are concerned about the noise level, being only one floor above bars/restaurants/and the waterfront. Has anyone stayed in these rooms and noticed a noise level problem? Thank you for any help!

My family is thinking of booking one of the aft rooms on the breakaway, on deck nine. They are concerned about the noise level, being only one floor above bars/restaurants/and the waterfront. Has anyone stayed in these rooms and noticed a noise level problem? Thank you for any help!

I stayed on the 10th deck Aft and experienced no people noise, just the sea/wake. The Waterfront bar's seating areas are down the side of the ship so there's only people walking or gazing out to sea who were really at the back. You would have more problems higher up with noise from the Spice H2O dance floor etc.

Take a look at this video where he walks round the back and you can see there's nothing there.

Edited by timmo44

Thanks so much! Looks like it should be perfect. The only other thing I've seen mentioned is a lot of vibration with aft rooms, but I haven't seen it talked about with the breakaway so hopefully it's not the case with them!

• 7 months later...

We stayed on 11 and there was a little noise, not bad at all.

Our friends were on 9 and it was very quiet.

Then we stayed on 13 last cruise and it was so bad that the walls were shaking from spice at night. It was really bad.

I could not believe the differences between the decks

We stayed in 12904 and the noise from above, especially at night, was loud on the balcony. However, inside the cabin with doors closed was silent. The only noise we had inside the cabin was when the ship pulled into port, there was a lot of vibration.

That being said, I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stayed on the 10th deck Aft and experienced no people noise, just the sea/wake. The Waterfront bar's seating areas are down the side of the ship so there's only people walking or gazing out to sea who were really at the back. You would have more problems higher up with noise from the Spice H2O dance floor etc.

Take a look at this video where he walks round the back and you can see there's nothing there.

Where in nj are you from? Jackson here

I was in a Suite on deck 11 on the Breakaway in October & only heard a bit of music one night from one of the clubs. With the door closed & the TV on -we barely heard it.

Never really felt any vibration.

The view from the aft can't be beat.

Hope you have a great time.