UBP dilemma

momoftwinteens

When my friend and I booked our cruise on the Breakaway for next year, we decided on taking the OBC. Neither of us are drinkers and are both content with the main dining rooms. Now, another friend wants to join us. She is a drinker and would benefit greatly from the UBP. If we switched to the UBP, would non-alcoholic drinks and/or soda be covered? Can we get one for alcohol and the other two be for soda?

Has anyone ever run into this? if so, what did you do? Any help would be appreciated.

You could switch to the UBP and the first two would get it with the third in the room getting the soda package. UBP covers virgin drinks, soda and juice, but the soda package covers soda only.

If changing, make sure your drinking friend is the second person on the booking to make sure she gets the package otherwise it gets awkward.

If she wants to drink and you don't, just split the cost between the 3 of you and pay for her drinks. The average cost of a soft drink would be about 5.00 everytime and you would have to drink about 10-15 a day to cover that.

If she wants to drink and you don't, just split the cost between the 3 of you and pay for her drinks. The average cost of a soft drink would be about 5.00 everytime and you would have to drink about 10-15 a day to cover that.
To cover what? They would be getting 2 UBPs and one soda package for free. At the moment, they have chosen the OBC, which is at most $100 or $200 for the entire cabin. So the three of them only have to drink $200 worth of drinks (sodas and alcoholic beverages) all together over the course of the cruise to make this a better deal than the OBC.

Another friend wants to join you...and you two are going to give up your OBC so she can get her drink on for free?

Have you considered just letting her buy the drink package once she is on the ship? You and your friend can then elect to (or not elect to) help pay for the package with some amount of your OBC. If you are trying work out everything in thirds, it would depend on how much OBC is at stake.

Another friend wants to join you...and you two are going to give up your OBC so she can get her drink on for free?

Have you considered just letting her buy the drink package once she is on the ship? You and your friend can then elect to (or not elect to) help pay for the package with some amount of your OBC. If you are trying work out everything in thirds, it would depend on how much OBC is at stake.

Will not work. If you buy the UBP on board, it must be purchased for ALL passengers over 21 in the cabin. If you get the perk, I believe you can just have it for the two with the third getting the soda package. The total cost of doing it the way you suggest would be around $1300!

Will not work. If you buy the UBP on board, it must be purchased for ALL passengers over 21 in the cabin. If you get the perk, I believe you can just have it for the two with the third getting the soda package. The total cost of doing it the way you suggest would be around $1300!

In that case, don't use my idea. :o

Why not? If their booking is eligible for the friends and family sail free promo, adding a third person reduces the per person fare for everyone, (assuming they are splitting the total cabin cost by 3). This represents a lot more money in their pockets than the original OBC.

Anyway, if they do decide to add their friend, I am not sure if they can keep their original promo, or if the whole thing has to be rebooked with the current promo, which no longer offers simple OBC as a choice.