Cruising Week After Thanksgiving

We're new to megaships but are planning to book on Oasis for Nov 28-Dec 5th this year, going to the eastern caribbean for 7 nights. Will the passenger demographic differ at all because we're going the week after thanksgiving? I'm a bit hesitant to book it as we have a 9 year old, but am not crazy about tons of kids or a party atmosphere. Also concerned about staff to child ratio at the kid's club, as I know my son will want to spend most of his time there.

Thanks!

We're new to megaships but are planning to book on Oasis for Nov 28-Dec 5th this year, going to the eastern caribbean for 7 nights. Will the passenger demographic differ at all because we're going the week after thanksgiving? I'm a bit hesitant to book it as we have a 9 year old, but am not crazy about tons of kids or a party atmosphere. Also concerned about staff to child ratio at the kid's club, as I know my son will want to spend most of his time there.

Thanks!

We often sail the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year. We usually hear the staff talk about the number of kids on board for the holiday weeks. On Oasis I bet the holiday weeks have about 1,300 kids on board and on non-holiday weeks it drops to a few hundred, if that! So, yes, the shipboard demographics change a lot!

We have cruised this week many times - although never on Oasis. Yes there will be considerably less kids and teens. There should still be plenty for your 9 yo to make friends and have some activities if he prefers. As for the party atmosphere - well that just depends on the adult passengers. :D